Alpha's Only Child

*This chapter takes place a day before Rain and Megan leave for Juneau's pack*

Holt's POV

It's been almost a week since I have seen Juneau. All these years and never once thought she would be alive. The last time I saw my daughter was, shit, I don't even remember. It has to have been 18 years ago, so she was 5. I will admit I was not the best father after my mate and two oldest pups died. I blamed her for that day happening and since then I regret everything I ever said and did to her.

I blamed her for everything that happened eighteen years ago. I called her names and saying I wish I just had her two older siblings. I am a horrible father, or I was. I want to show her that I stopped being that person. I am only mean when it comes to protecting my pack.

"Still no sign of her Alpha Holt," one of my gamma's say. "Well, keep looking. She is probably still in our territory, that's when an idea pops in my head. My daughter seemed to be protective over the girl so if I use her as bait maybe she will come back. I walk over to Alpha Mickyle's cabin and knock on the door. To my luck, his daughter answers the door. "Hello, Alpha Holt. What can we do for you?" She asks and I say, "I'm trying to find my daughter and I would like your help." She looks at me and then behind her looking at her parents.

"I don't know Alpha Holt. Last time I went looking I didn't find her and got lost. My parents flipped out." I can understand where she is coming from. It was dark and cold and she wasn't wearing proper clothing. "I understand but I will have my gamma's not too far behind," I say hoping she will agree.

"I guess I can help but I promised my parents I wouldn't go in the woods at night. So if you want my help I can't stay out past dark." She says and I smile and nod my head, "I understand. I will have you back for dinner." I know that this young girl will bring my daughter home. I messed up eighteen years ago, I would like to at least apologize to her and find out if she found her mate.

"I want you to make it seem as though you are being attacked. My daughter seems to want to protect you," I say and the young girl nods her head. "If it's alright with you I would like to bring Megan as well?" I nod my head, "Of course. Go about a mile in and scream." The girl nods her head, "I will go get Megan and head into the woods." She says and walks away.

I go back into my office and two gammas are in there waiting for me. The two boys who were rude to her and the girl's mother. "You two will behave and protect her, understand me?" They both nod their heads and wait for Rain to come.

I wait for her to come to the packhouse with Megan so I can show them where to go. "When you get a mile in, Megan, you should be able to hear a river. When you do, you're in the right spot." I say and they nod their heads. Before they walk out the door I pull Megan aside and say, "watch those two boys. If they put a scratch or mark on her you have my permission to kill them." Megan nods her head walks out the door with Rain. I watch from my window as they all walk up to the border of the woods and not too long after they are gone.

Find my daughter, please. I miss her and I want her home. She is my only child.

The Alpha's Only Child.