6. Baby fever

Baby fever

"(y/n)...please help..."

"what's wrong love? you sound so-oh"

The teen in front of you looks dejected, as he tries to rock the baby back and forth, in an attempt to make the infant stop crying. You were babysitting with him for the young couple next door, it's really hard for them to take care of twins while going to work, so you and your boyfriend came to help whenever possible. While you are glad that one of the twins is quieter than the other, you can't help but sigh when your boyfriend struggling with the other one, as they always try to make a fuss.

He said that he can take care of the angrier infant when you put the other to sleep, which he did, but the way the baby tries to hit him with the toy constantly makes Camilo whimper quietly. Though you know he did a great job with every kid in the town, maybe this baby just preferred someone else.

"I don't know what I do wrong! I try making faces and stuff but - hey stop that! Don't hit me, please-"

Look at your panicking boyfriend once again, you laugh lightly and take the infant away from him before nudging him towards the kitchen:

" I bet that they are hungry, could you make some milk for them? I'll try to shush them in the meantime, okay?"

Sighed in defeat, Camilo walk slowly to the kitchen and started to do as you asked. As the milk was getting ready, he looked up at your form, you have successfully made the infant stop hitting people, though they still look a bit frustrated. The way you softly look at the baby and how sweet your hum sound in his ears make him sigh lovingly, asking himself what did he do to ever deserve such an angel in his life.

In the eyes of the children, you appear to be the ideal parent; you adore them and always put them first. He became lost in thoughts and began to wonder how you and he would have a future beyond yourself; you play the part of a loving parent, while he promises the kid an exciting life as a Madrigals. When he hands you the bottle of milk, his face heats up, and he attempts to fan himself.

"Thank you, love; now there you go—oh, so I was correct. You're just starving, aren't you?"

When they drink, the baby's face stops moving, causing their babysitters to sigh in relief; Camilo was afraid his ears might bleed if they continued. He kisses your cheek and smiles broadly at your flushed face:

"I guess we know who's a better babysitter now."

~7 years later~

You have been married for a year now, and though you believed that Camilo adore the thought of having a baby, you don't think that you're ready yet. Until a day, when all the symptoms of pregnancy started to get so clear did you realize what is happening. At first, you get so panicked, hiding the surprise present in your room's drawer until he came in.

He's still as gorgeous as ever, as he grins warmly after welcoming you with a quick peck on the lips. Dolores just asked him to look after her toddlers for a few seconds while she assisted Tia Julietta with dinner preparations. And you know, even if others don't notice, Camilo looks at his nephew and niece as if they're his own children, and they're something he's always craved.

Lying in your lap, he glances up at your features and mumbles a sentence:

" Hey, do you ever wonder who our child will look more like if we have a child?"

"Hm...I'm sure they'll look as good as you."

"Actually, I want a mini you running about, it'll be a lot more endurable, I don't believe I'll be able to put up with a little me's pranks."

"You know I create as many troubles as you right?

"Mi Vida, the only thing you ever made is for me to fall deeper for you every day"

"About that...will you still love me as much as you did before if—you know...after what I make?"

Why are you asking that? Your halting words make his heart drop in anxiety. Did you fall in love with someone else? You couldn't possibly be. Or do you have a sickness? He doesn't care; he'll still adore you anyhow.

But he did not foresee you opening the drawer and pulling out some baby clothes. He gazed at the item in front of his eyes as his mind tried to absorb what was going on, and it finally got him when you lay his hand on your tummy, smile brightly at the man of your life, and try to imitate a baby's voice:

"You have to promise Mami that you would still love her as much as you did before I came out, Papi."

Dolores' ears nearly bled after hearing her brother's joyful scream in response to the news.