20. Changes

Warning(s): only Fluff!

- It's not like Alma hasn't seen love in the eyes of others before. She's seen love in Agustin's eyes when Julietta cured him hundreds of times, she's watched Pepa sigh dreamily at Felix when he tries his hardest to be a good parent to Antonio, and she's seen Dolores when she finally tells Mariano how she feels. But do you ever see love in Camilo? Who is the family's trickster? She had never considered it before.

 - So, when Camilo brought his partner to dinner at the Casita that one night, even though the entire family enjoyed their company, everyone could tell how Abuela felt about them. And the sorrow in Camilo's eyes when (Y/n) leaves Casita after dinner reflect how much he cares about them, as well as how upset he felt when his Abuela didn't approve of his partner.

 - Of course, you feel horrible as well. You tell Camilo things like "maybe I'm not enough" but he won't allow you criticize yourself in front of him on his watch. He guaranteed you that Abuela just hasn't had enough time to get to know you, and that even if she doesn't like it, he will find any way to love you.

 - Camilo cuddled you in your room that night, assuring you that he'll always find you and never stop loving you. You gently sigh and melt in his arms, convincing yourself that if you try harder, everything would be alright, as you nuzzle into the crook of his neck.

 - The Madrigal shapeshifter followed through on his promise. He didn't leave you alone for many days after that, and when his Abuela saw him with (Y/n), he did all in his ability to show her that this isn't a joke. Kiss their cheeks, be ushered to assist his lover with shopping on the way home, or perhaps learn how to cook with his Tia Julietta so he may surprise them. But his efforts were pointless since all Abuela Alma did was walk away.

 - She knows that (Y/n) is a wonderful child, and that they have done so much for the community, but she isn't sure whether the relationship will continue that long; after all, she believes that this is just some silly teens' love.

 - Camilo, though, is still her nieto! What if she caught him quietly sneaking out of the house at 10 p.m., her grandchild? She was ready to call him back and warn him to stop whatever he was doing, but she knew Camilo well enough to know he'd do it again later, so she simply sighed in frustration and decided to follow him, just to be sure he wasn't hurting himself.

 - What she couldn't figure out was why he was holding a bag of food this late. And even leaving the house without informing his parents? But it didn't take long for her to see a familiar image in front of her eyes:

 - After a few minutes of glancing around, Camilo grabs the pole of the streetlight and swiftly pulls himself up, his grin never leaving his face. On the other side of the road, another teen can be seen staring towards where Casita is, their hands also securely gripping the pole. When they look at Camilo after hearing his laughter, the scowl is suddenly replaced with the wonderful grin that Abuela swears made Camilo's heart skip a beat, and his hand almost slips out of the pole as he lost balance, but he soon returns to his feet. (Y/n) gently laughs on the other side, then motions for him to come to them.

 - Abuela continues to silently follow the young pair, seeing how they sat under a tree, eating the arepas that Camilo brought with him, and laughing at the stories they tell.The matriarch said nothing as tears streamed down her cheeks as she looked at the young pair in front of her, then she silently left her hiding place and the youngsters behind, returning home with the past looming over her head.

 - The next day, while Camilo is still trying to keep his eyes open during breakfast, thinking that the next time he'll just pull (Y/n) into his room and then stay for the night would be a better idea than staying up until 2 outside the road, Alma hesitantly spoke up, snapping him out of his sluggish eating trace:

"Say, Camilo, how is your lovely partner doing?" "

H-huh? I- they- what? Uhm, they're doing great Abuela"

 " Wonderful, so why dont you invite them over for dinner again? Its been a while isnt it?"

 "ah, i- Yes! I'll do that"

 - This has taken the entire family by surprise. Mostly Pepa and Felix, because they still believe the elderly woman does not approve of the teenager's love. Bruno looked at his mother, surprised, before gently asking:

"What did you see, mother?"

 "The past, dear, now eat up and get ready, we have a guest tonight"