26. Beauty

Warning(s): Fluff, fluff, and fluff

- It's not like you're ashamed of your own face or something. It's simply that you prefer to leave your hair in this style! It may be difficult to look at people when speaking, but you are still at comfortable with them, and that is more than enough for you. And with the villagers, your pleasant manner and actions prove that they don't want anything else from you.

- Specially Camilo, the Madrigals's shapeshifter, who loves to see you wandering around town and helping people whenever you can, the way your grin lighted up your half-covered face made his heart melt. And Dolores, who was standing next to him, merely sighed and murmured something about youthful love.She and the other grandkids of the Madrigals family always told him to at least try and have a full conversation with (Y/n), but he declined that since the one time he try to walk to you, he slipped and fall in front of you. And even though your hair have covered your face, he can still feel the confusing eyes behind them, making him want to bury himself right away.

- Of course, the hair will occasionally impact on the ability to assist with tasks. You're afraid the knife may slide, especially when you're cooking. You don't want to think about what may happened, and your ego have to be saved, since you dont want to stroll to Camilo's Tia and stated that your hair make you accidentally cut your finger.

- As a result, one morning while helping your mother slice carrots, the hair kept getting in your way, causing you to almost throw away the entire knife in irritation. You quietly pulled your hair up so you could resume working on the meal, not realizing that a Madrigal had just come in to ask:

"(Y/n)? Mr. (L/N) said that he kept the tools in here-Woah"

- Because this is the first time he has seen your entire face, you can expect him to respond strangely or surprised, not that you're uncomfortable with that anyways. But what make you confused was the look he gave you - pure love and appreciation. His heart has never raced faster, and Camilo swears he accidentally switches into Mr. (L/n) for a split second there.

- But who can blame him? Your eyes are extremely gorgeous! THe (e/c) peered back at him, making him wonder how God could have crafted such a creation. Your rosy cheeks appear along with them, so lovely in the sunlight that he wants to kiss you—Woah, that's a bit too far—

- He's just been entirely captivated in the new picture of you, which makes the silence between you two so awkward- at least for you, since he's still busy getting lost in them. You began to wonder if you really looked so awful, or if you had some carrot stick on your face. But, in any case, you mumbled a question to your crush:

"Camilo??? Is my face that strange?"

"What? No! Have you checked it out for yourself (Y/n)? You look breathtaking!!"

- Now BOTH of you are embarrassed, his cheeks flushed crimson just as the statement slipped out of his mouth. And you just stood there, stunned by the unexpected praise. Another second passed before Camilo knew his face was about to explode and dashed out of your house, but not before saying to you:

"KEEP THEM UP, BONITA, YOU'RE ADORABLE!"

- You swear your heart beats quicker when he's near. And about today? You must have run 5 miles after that conversation with him. Camilo is in the same situation, given that he DID rush home shortly after that. A smile is still visible on both of your faces after a few days. Both of you spend the entire night thinking about each other after that. While Camilo want to slap himself for shouting like an idiot, (Y/n) sitting on their bed and rethinking their whole life decision, wondering if its true that they're not in heaven somehow.

- And the worst thing about it? You couldn't finished cutting the ingredients, and he forgot to took the tools that he was asked to borrow. Moreover, both of you suffered from the teases that your family gave in dinner. Dolores snitched on the whole family about the situation, while your family heard the oh so cute nickname that Camilo slipped out. Expected Encanto to be sunny a few days after that, Pepa is so happy for her baby's little crush.

- But hey! His goal is still reached next morning. When he have to came back and shamefully asked for the tools once again, you guys talk properly this time.He'll remember your face every time he sees it after that, especially when you only show it to him. You also started to show your face more often, and the shapeshifter swear that everytime he saw you, his heart raced so bad. And who knows? Maybe he'll ask you out shortly after.