X. The Note

Chapter 10, The Note
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" If nobody's dead, I ain't getting out of bed. Bars, now get out. "

~ Natalie's James's POV ~

"Natalie, you said you'd come with me!"

Garrett groaned as he tried to get me out of my bed, but it was so comfortable and warm that I didn't want to go with him to the gym.
I hate working out and I hate waking up early, he knows this.

"I also said I'd be a superhero by thirteen but here we are."

I retorted before turning to my left side, back facing him.
He groaned and shook the bed, he's been trying to get me out of bed for fourteen minutes now but had been unsuccessful.

"Natalie James, get out of bed and come with me to the gym!"

" If nobody's dead, I ain't getting out of bed. Bars, now get out. "

Garrett laughed for a moment and then continued to shake me awake, I finally gave up and got up from bed.
I went to my bathroom, brushed my teeth and did my skin care routine.

Garrett happily left my room, I looked through my closet, grabbing a Nike shirt and tights.
I was planning on just doing stretches but if I'm going to be around Garrett then I'm going to also do some work outs.

I grabbed my dufflebag and went downstairs, I added some gloves and went grabbed my water bottle, filling it to the top with ice cold water.
I put my hair in a low ponytail.

"Let's go before I change my mind."

Garrett smiled and grabbed the car keys, I made sure I had everything I needed.
I got into the passenger seat and buckled my seatbelt before I connected my phone to the car's Bluetooth.

We jammed out to some Doja Cat, Nicki Minaj and Taylor Swift.
Three amazing singers and rappers are amazing.

After a couple of minutes, we made it to our gym.
I got out the car, disconnected my Bluetooth and grabbed my dufflebag.

We walked to the lockers, Garrett put his things in first, grabbing his gloves and walking off to the ring.
Typical, drags me along and I'm stuck by myself.

I grabbed my water bottle and gloves and decided to try the weights.
I was having a struggle with it, out of the corner of my eye I noticed a kid walk over to me.

"You're doing it wrong, may I help you?"

I looked at the boy and nodded slowly, he was cute and about two or three inches taller than me.
He walked up behind me, his hands moving onto mine.

I'll admit, my cheeks were crimson red and my heart rate had increased.
My breath hitched as I felt his on my neck, he moved my posture and fixed my stance.

He moved away from me and smiled sweetly, I'll admit, that was nice of him.
Even if it felt like I was going to explode, he walked away.

I watched as he entered the ring with my brother and two began to spar, they were quick but the kid was quicker.
He dodged the punches faster than he threw them.

After a few moments, Garrett and the boy finished sparring and hugged each other.
I was way confused, I walked over to the two boxers and smiled.

"Y'all are pretty good."

I complimented happily, this was in all honesty.
They were really good.

"Thanks Nat."

Garrett responded but the boy just smiled at me, was he weirded out at the fact I walked over here?
Oh what if he thinks I followed him here?

"Natalie, this is my best friend of all time, Javon "Wanna" Walton."

Javon stuck his hand out for me to shake, I was hesitant but shook it after a minute.
He gave me a warm smile which I gladly returned.

"It's nice to meet you Javon."

"Nice to meet you too Natalie."

I went back to working out and after some hours, Garrett finally agreed we can go home.
I went to my locker and opened it, I grabbed my dufflebag but just as I was about to close it.

There was a note attached to it...