XVII. Day Before the Match

Chapter 17, Day Before the Match
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" If it calms your nerves, I'll be cheering you on in the crowd. "

~ Natalie James's POV ~

I was laying in bed, scrolling through Instagram like I always do when my landline rung.
I gave up on texting because everybody just used my landline.

I paused my show and answered the call, I heard a lot of yelling and shuffling which bothered my ears.

"Jaden stop pushing me!"

"Stop taking my space them!"

"Jayla give me my charger back!"

"Ow! Who bit me?!"

I couldn't contain my laughter, nothing was ever serious when it came to the Walton siblings.
After a few moments, I'm sure everybody was now comfortable in their own spots as the screams and shuffling died down.

"Y'all good there? I don't have to call animal control on you ANIMALS?"

I heard them laugh, it was sweet and wholesome.

"Yeah we're good, we were wondering if you heard about the boxing match tomorrow?"

Javon asked, I sat up and grabbed my notebook.
Every special occasion was marked in it but as I checked tomorrow's date, nothing was there.
Quite odd, but I guess since Garrett doesn't share his extracurriculars with me, I wouldn't have it.

"Not until now, no."

I answered truthfully as I set the notebook back into the spot it belongs.
It was quite early and I still had time to make dinner so I decided to make it for the special occasion.

"Bring your family, I'll make dinner."

After saying that, I hung up and ran downstairs, I walked straight to the kitchen and began to look through the cabinets and fridge.
I was satisfaction when I realized I could make some spaghetti with garlic bread.

I boiled the water and took out everything I needed to make the dinner, I had my phone beside me so that if Jayla, Jaden or Javon messages me, I'll answer fast and still be next to the food.
I added the noodles and watched as they went from stiff to limp.

"What are you cooking?"

I looked over to notice Ainsley walked in, she's probably just getting a snack.

"Spaghetti and garlic bread, the Waltons are coming over."

I answered nonchalantly, I emptied the pot out and began to pour in the sauce.
Ainsley smiled and gave my forehead a kiss before grabbing a Hershey's bar and leaving the kitchen.
I was practically swimming in my own thoughts until mom came in.

"Did you invite the Waltons? Jessica and DJ called."

My mom asked, I didn't look up yet thought, I was busy adding the bread in the mini oven.
After I did that, I looked up at her and nodded with an innocent smile hoping she isn't mad.

"Well then, I'll clean a bit and then take a shower to get ready. I'll go tell your siblings as well."

She left the kitchen and the sound of her feet hitting the stairs died down, finally after an hour and a half, everything was ready.

I ran upstairs and took a nice shower, washing my hair, shaving my legs and doing my skincare.
I rummaged around my room trying to find which outfit would look good together, I was getting annoyed but had to stay calm.

I chose a black plain short sleeves shirt, tucked into a pink plaid skirt and put on my black high tops.
I did some concealer, mascara, lip gloss, eyeliner and blush before I moved onto my hair.
I had no idea what I wanted to do it with it but I had to think fast.

After a moment of deciding, I chose to do space buns with two pieces of my bangs fall down.
I sprayed myself with some perfume, made sure I was wearing deodorant and went downstairs.

The doorbell rung and I was quick to answer it, I stood in front of the door to make sure I looked representable and then opened it.
They were all dressed nicely for this dinner, I allowed them inside and watched as they went to the kitchen where my mom and other siblings were.

I served plates, spoons, forks, napkins and glasses.
I then served the food but not a lot to Daelo considering he probably won't eat the full plate.
I sat down and we soon began to talk about the boxing match tomorrow, apparently Garrett was so excited.

"If I'm being honest, I'm a little nervous."

Javon admitted sheepishly as he took a sip from his lemonade, I looked at him and smiled.
It was normal to be nervous even if it isn't your first time.

" If it calms your nerves, I'll be cheering you on in the crowd. "

He looked at me and nodded slowly, the conversation went on to different topics like Jaden's baseball games or Jayla's college choices.
I felt like I was in a safe environment for once, it felt good too.

I guess I'm just a little freaked out that if might not last.