XXXIV. Let The Pain Begin

Chapter 34, Let The Pain Begin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" I haven't felt this way for years, I thought I was better. "

~ Natalie James's POV ~

"Mrs Martin, please don't call my mom."

I pleaded as the kind lady allowed me into her home, she guided me to the living room and sat beside me.
Veronica's parents divorced, so Veronica was forced to live with her father.

"I won't, but you have to write her a letter. Let her know you're well and safe."

I nodded slowly as Mrs Martin got up, walking to the dining room to retrieve a pen and paper.
Everything just flashed through my mind like it was nothing, I completely messed up and ran away from home.

Mrs Martin came back, she handed me a pen and paper.
She went to the kitchen, I'm assuming to call her daughter.

I began to write my letter, allowing a few tears to slip from my eyes.
My phone was blowing up with calls, FaceTimes, messages and emails.

I turned my phone off completely and finished writing my letter, I made sure that the address wasn't on the letter.
I didn't want anyone coming for me or finding me, I needed to be okay again.

Dear mom,

I ran away from home, not because of your doing but because of mine.
I kissed Jaden, twice and now there's a photo of it.
Please don't come looking for me, I will be fine.

Do not show the Waltons the letter, they probably don't want to even step foot near me.
Please do me a favor and just give me space and time to get myself together.

I love Garrett, Ainsley, Mila, Milo, Danielle and of course you.

Love, Natalie James Arthur

I folded the letter up and gave it to Mrs Martin.
She smiled at me and gave me a cup of tea, trying to calm my nerves.

Mrs Martin's new husband came downstairs, dressed in formal attire.
He smiled and waved at me before leaving the house, not before kissing his wife goodbye.

"Is it alright if I read the letter?"

I nodded slowly and turned my phone back on, I noticed something that caught my eye.
I swear I died on the spot, I hated everyone and everything right about now for this.
Even if barely anyone did anything, it makes me angry.

@ LolaBunny Posted!

Liked by Onwardwanna and 2

Liked by Onwardwanna and 2.1M more
LolaBunny: New couple?
Tagged: Onwardjdub and GhostedbyNJ

Onwardjdub: oh burn in hell Lola

Jaylawaltonofficial: are you freakin kidding me?
^^ LolaBunny: nope

_Kylee.Pruitt: that's so disrespectful

YoungLove: uhm, seems like they didn't want this posted
^^ Onwardjdub: we didn't.

Onwardwanna: 🦗

Javon didn't even try to tell her to take it down, he only posted a cricket emoji and that was it.
I was exhausted, mentally, emotionally and physically but my eyes couldn't close.

The door opened and in came Veronica, she noticed me and smirked but quickly covered it with a worried expression.
I didn't care, I just needed someone who isn't Waltons or Arthurs.

She hugged me tightly and rubbed my back as I sobbed into her shoulder, she stroked my hair.
But I couldn't relax, everything was running wild and I hate it.

"I saw the post, I'm sorry Hun."

I nodded slowly as we pulled away finally, this was going to ruin my life later but I needed to get help, I needed to finally be free.
The worst part is Euphoria is scheduled to begin it's shooting three months from now, I don't think I could recover in that time but I had to.

"I'll take care of you, I promise."

The promise was fake and I should've noticed it but I didn't, I fell into her trap.
I had no idea what was in store for me from here on out.

" I haven't felt this way in years, I thought I was better. "

I whispered, Veronica nodded slowly and grabbed my hand.
She gave me a reassuring smile like everything would be okay again, I was angry with myself.

Mrs Martin came in to the living room and smiled, she hugged me and kissed my forehead.
I took a deep Shakey breath and let it go, I looked at the two and smiled.

"You and Vero can share a room like you used to."

Veronica smiled and helped me up from the couch, we walked upstairs and into her room.
I was still wearing Jaden's shirt, I didn't bother changing.

I believed I would get better, I would be okay again.
I wanted to be better and okay again that I was desperate for anything to work.

Little did I know I'd end up in hell.. for the second time.

Madison Bailey as Veronica Martin

Veronica Martin is a sixteen year old volleyball player, she was a good friend to Natalie until freshmen year

Veronica is manipulative, gaslighting, Mentally, emotionally abusive and toxic.

Veronica would do anything to get Natalie back into her control, it meant using the worst things to get Natalie to need her once more.
It was how Veronica liked, Natalie was so blind to notice it.

" You're unattractive if you're not skinny and pretty, so do what I asked. "