XXXI. Packing Up

Chapter 31, Packing Up
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" Get a life and stop bothering mine, I'm not your voodoo doll anymore. I learned from my mistakes. "

~ Natalie James's POV ~

"Ew, burn that!"

Jaden said as looked through the screen, I was holding up a bright neon green crop top.
I laughed at his reaction and threw it on the ground, I continued to pull out clothes and add them to my suitcase.

Jaden was on his PlayStation, he was still giving me attention although he can give his attention to his game since I needed time to think about Veronica.
She's been messaging me like crazy, apologizing and trying to gaslight me.

I finished packing and put my suit case under my bed, I grabbed my dufflebag and began to fill it with essentials that were needed.
I packed my laptop, table and extra headphones.

Everything I needed was in my dufflebag, I placed it under my bed and grabbed my phone off the charger.
I put myself on pause to change out of my pajamas, today was the first time in weeks I'm going over to his house.

It was childish but I couldn't stand to see Javon with Lola.
I put on a white crop-top, black baggy jeans, white vans and a black bucket hat that belongs to Jaden.

"Show me the fit dork."

Jaden said as I grabbed my phone and went downstairs, I went off pause and placed my phone on the kitchen counter, leaning on the coffee maker.
He motioned me to turn around, which I gladly did.

"You look gorg- is that my bucket hat?!"

I laughed and nodded, he rolled his eyes and laughed with me.
I grabbed my keys and phone, I said goodbye to my mom and the twins who were on the couch watching Team Umizoomi.

"Fair warning, Lola and Javon are in the basement. So ignore them, alright?"

Jaden warned as he turned off his PlayStation and went downstairs, he took his phone with him.
I got to the front of the house and before I even knocked, Jaden had already opened it for me.

We hugged for a bit and then we walked inside, Daelo ran straight to me.
I lifted him from the ground and wrapped my arms around the small human, he did the same and smiled.

"I haven't seen you in forever!"

"I know mumps, I'll make it up to you I promise. Whatever you wanna do for a day, I'll do it with you."

I promise the boy, it was true as well.
I've been avoiding his older brother and with that, I haven't been able to see him expect for when he's with Jayla on FaceTimes or lives.
I placed him down, I watched as Jayla and Kylee walk downstairs.

Both girls freaking out that I was actually over at the house for the first time in a while.
I hugged both of them, we went upstairs to Jayla's room.

"We should definitely go live."

Jayla suggested, we all agreed and watched she set her phone up.
I was in the middle of Kylee and Jayla whilst Jaden was in the background.

"Do a flip."

I read out loud a comment to which Jaden did a back flip, I was surprised.
I was definitely thinking he would fall and break his neck but nope.

"Is NJ dating someone?"

Kylee read out loud, I was scrolling through Instagram.
I looked up and shook my head, Jaden was now behind me throwing a bear.

I threw it back to him, to which he pretended to throw it again, making me flinch.
Jaden crouched down to read a comment out loud.

"Tell Jaden I said hi! Hehe OH MY GOD IT'S JADEN!"

Jaden skipped outside of the room, closing the door.
I bursted out laughing, I couldn't breathe.

Jayla looked like her brother needed to be put in an insane asylum, she rolled her eyes.
After an hour or two, Jayla ended the live.

I went downstairs to find Jaden but bumped into Lola instead, I could've physically gagged but I was being nice and mentally did it.

"Hey, NJ right?"

"Natalie, but yes."

I didn't let her to continue speaking to me, I went off to the kitchen and hung in there for a bit.
I messaged Jaden to come downstairs because I was bored.

I placed my phone down and opened their fridge, grabbing a water.
My phone began to ring, I thought it was my mom but nope, instead it was Veronica.

I'm fed up already, I didn't want her as my friend again because last time I let her be my friend, I ended up in the hospital due to severe weight loss.
I was so skinny, a stick looked thicker than me.

I accepted the call, she began to apologize for making me feel horrible about myself but I didn't wanna hear it anymore.

" Get a life and stop bothering mine, I'm not your voodoo doll anymore. I learned from my mistakes. "

I hung up and blocked her number, I took a deep breath and smiled as Jaden finally came downstairs.
He was wearing a snapback, he looked like a TikTok loser.

He was shirtless but it was something I was used to, he took off my bucket hat and replaced it with his snapback smiling.
I grabbed my phone and went upstairs with him, we were sitting on his bed talking about the weirdest things ever.

He soon turned on his TV and decided we should watch some try not to laughs, I laughed at every single video.
Not because they were funny but because I laugh at anything.

"You're horrible to watch this with!"

Jaden said as he gasped for breath, everytime we looked at each other we bursted out laughing like weirdos.
It was times like this that I loved being around him.

I cherished these memories since it made me feel whole again, like nothing was ever wrong with me.