16. Lamia Really Lives Up To Her Name

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

Chapter 16

Lamia Really Lives Up To Her Name

Theo POV

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

Nebraska ain't it.

Sorry to anyone who's reading this in Nebraska but it's the truth. Then again I shouldn't expect anything less when your main attraction is a fricking zoo but like c'mon Nebraskans, try harder, please.

Ok maybe I was being a bit of a grumpy pants, then again after the morning, I had can you really blame me? Oh, wait you don't know what happened do you? Well, don't worry I'll explain it all too you because there's nothing else to do on a 3-hour flight trip back to NY when your only source of entertainment is a very rude sarcastic redheaded 11-year-old who was currently asleep.

See it all started when I walked out of that taxi cab...

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

2 and a half hours ago...

"Thank the gods," I said stepping out of the taxi and stretching my back. Between the 3 hour flight over here and then the thirty-minute taxi ride my back was just killing me. Grabbing my backpack I walked around the cab to where the driver was.

"How much for you to stay here for about 20mins?"

The driver, a bald-headed middle-aged man who smells like cigarettes and has a voice that's rougher than sandpaper looked at me and roughly spoke, "bout $50 bucks."

God damn. What a scam. What a fraud.

That was my first reason... on why Nebraska ain't it. "Umm I think I'll pass don't worry about it," I said trying to be as polite as possible.

"Your loss" was all the driver said before accelerating off, covering me in a black cloud of exhaust leaving me in a coughing fit.