41. Percy Fights Santa and The Wine Dude Saves Us

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

Chapter 41

Percy Fights Santa and The Wine Dude Saves Us

Theo POV

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

I woke up and was told I had caused an earthquake.

The good news was that it wasn't a fat joke; the bad news was that I literally caused an earthquake. How does one even manage to do it? I am not a God, nor do I have any power over the lands (at least, I think).

If I had to pick someone to cause an earthquake from our group, it would be Percy; I mean, his dad is literally the God of Earthquakes, and he did technically bomb the St Louis Arch. Thalia could also cause an earthquake but still not me.

But apparently, it was me; apparently, when I passed out, I levitated and just decided to explode the earth... right next to a dam. Oh, Annabeth is going to kill me.

Right now, I feel like I must go into hiding or watch the news. Or both.

This may sound morbid, but there was nothing that I could do now; all I could do was just hope and pray that nobody got hurt (except the skeletons) and that the dam wasn't severely damaged (because Annabeth would kill me if it was).

Anyways back to the task at hand, something to which I have no idea about.

After a brief discussion, we agreed that we needed to figure out just what this mystery monster was.

"But how?" Tessa asked.

"Nereus," Grover said. Percy looked at him. "What?"

Grover looked at me, "Isn't that what Apollo told you to do? Find Nereus?"

I frowned. I'd completely forgotten my last conversation with the sun god. But when in the Hades did I tell Grover? My memory must be slipping.

"You talk in your sleep," Grover said as if he sensed what I was thinking.

"Oh, right. Anyway. Nereus is this old man of the sea," I remembered. "We're supposed to find him and force him to tell us what he knows. But how do we find him?"