43. The Unbearably Massive Weight of Everything

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

Chapter 43

The Unbearably Massive Weight of Everything

Theo POV

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

Thalia went straight for Luke. The power of her shield was so great that his dragon women bodyguards fled in a panic, dropping the golden coffin and leaving him alone. But despite his sickly appearance, Luke was still quick with his sword. He snarled like a wild animal and counter attacked.

When his sword, Backbiter, met Thalia's shield, a ball of lightning erupted between them, frying the air with yellow tendrils of power. As for Percy, he did the stupidest thing in his life, which is saying a lot. He attacked the Titan Lord Atlas. He laughed as Percy approached.

A huge javelin appeared in his hands. His silk suit melted into full Greek battle armor. "Go on, then!"

"Percy!" Zoe said. "Beware!"

Tessa and Zoe were too busy occupying themselves with the remaining monsters as they stood back to back and fired arrows at the oncoming waves of monsters, taking each second to calmly fire, reload and fire again.

I decided on a more important task at hand; freeing Annabeth. Carefully without putting too much attention on myself, I ducked, dodged and weaved under swords, spears, knives and a fleeing squirrel.

By the time I had gotten to Annabeth, there was only one empousa left guarding her, but I quickly tackled that problem by shoulder-tackling her off a cliff.

I got to work freeing Annabeth's chains using one of my arrowheads while Annabeth sort of weakly collapsed into my shoulder. "You came," she breathed out, and although there was a massive fight going on behind me, I still smiled.

"Always."

I got the chains around her wrists free, and before I could get to work on her legs, Annabeth shot out, grabbed me, and pulled me into a hug. I awkwardly patted her back before gently pushing her back and focusing on the chains again.

"Sorry", Annabeth said, sniffling, "You just feel like home."