27. I Possess Sheep

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

Chapter 27

I Possess Sheep

Theo POV

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

"I got Nobody!" Polyphemus gloated.

We crept to the cave entrance and saw the Cyclops grinning wickedly, holding up empty air. The monster shook his fist, and a baseball cap fluttered to the ground.

Annabeth was hanging upside down by her legs." Hah!" the Cyclops said. "Nasty invisible girl! Already got a feisty one for wife. Means you gotta be grilled with mango chutney!"

Annabeth struggled, but she looked dazed. She had a nasty cut on her forehead. Her eyes were glassy. I tried to rush forward, spear in hand but the others pulled me back.

"I kill you!" shouting was all that I could do while struggling in the arms of my friends.

"We need to get Annabeth free first, dude", Percy reasoned.

"Fine, I'll rush him," I whispered. "Get to the ship; it's around the back of the island. You, Clarisse and Grover-"

"No way," they said at the same time.

Percy was holding Riptide, of course. Clarisse had armed herself with a highly collectible ram's-horn spear from the Cyclops's cave. Grover had found a sheep's thigh bone, which he didn't look too happy about, but he was gripping it like a club, ready to attack.

"We'll take him together," Clarisse growled.

"Yeah," Grover said. Then he blinked like he couldn't believe he'd just agreed with Clarisse about something.

"All right," I said. "Attack plan Macedonia."

They nodded. We'd all taken the same training courses at Camp Half-Blood. They knew what I was talking about. They would sneak around either side and attack the Cyclops from the flanks while I held his attention in the front.