79. Playtimes Over

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

Chapter 79

Playtimes Over

Third POV

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

Once Theo had done what he needed to do, he climbed up the staircase that led him away from the Underworld and that musty ass smell. Almost immediately after coming out of the rock passage, Theo got an Iris message from Annabeth saying that Percy had summoned them to Olympus.

So Theo did the most logical thing and jumped head first into a tree and emerged from a tree right outside of the Empire State, causing a homeless dude to fall off his bench scared and then proceeded to run down the sidewalk screaming something about robot pigeons.

Before Theo could even process what the homeless dude was talking about, he was met with a slobbering tongue to the face.

He didn't think he'd get that warm of a welcome from Olympus, but this was something else.

Thankfully, it wasn't Zeus who was licking him; it was Mrs O'Leary. Suddenly, there was a whistle, and Mrs O'Leary heeled, and then Theo felt himself being lifted onto his feet. It was Percy. You couldn't tell that he just bathed in the Styx, but he looked slightly red and seemed more jittery.

"You ready?" Theo asked.

But before Percy could answer, three white vans pulled up to the curb. They said Delphi StrawberryService, which was the cover name for Camp Half-Blood. For as long as Theo had been at Camp, he had never seen all three vans in the same place at once, even though he knew they shuttled Camp's fresh produce into the city.

The first van was driven by Argus, the many-eyed security chief. The other two were driven by harpies, who are basically demonic human/chicken hybrids with bad attitudes. Harpies were mostly used for cleaning the camp, but they did pretty well in midtown traffic, too. The doors slid open. A bunch of campers climbed out, some of them looking a little green from the long drive.

So many had come: Pollux, Silena Beauregard, the Stoll brothers, Michael Yew, Jake Mason, Katie Gardner, Tessa, Annabeth, and most of their siblings. Chiron came out of the van last. His horse half was compacted into his magic wheelchair, so he used the handicap lift.