37. Girl Problems, God Problems, Pig Problems and A Whole Lotta Me Problems

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

Chapter 37

Girl Problems, God Problems, Pig Problems and A Whole Lotta Me Problems

Theo POV

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

An hour later, we were rumbling west. There was no problem about who would drive now because we all got our own luxury car. Zoe and Bianca were crashed out in a Lexus on the top deck.

Grover was playing race car driver behind the wheel of a Lamborghini. Percy and Tessa were asleep in a Mercedes G-Wagon, and I had the feeling if I woke either of them up, they would be in a crappy mood.

And Thalia had hot-wired the radio in a black Mercedes SLK so she could pick up the alt-rock stations from D.C.

"Join you?" I asked her.

She nodded, so I climbed into the shotgun seat. The radio was playing 'Do I Wanna Know' by Arctic Monkeys. I knew the song because of the familiar guitar riff at the start.

I pulled the hood of my hoodie and snuggled into the leather seats, "The Nemean Lion wasn't the monster we were looking for."

"Not even close. We've got a long way to go."

"Whatever this mystery monster is, the General said it would come for you. They wanted to isolate you from the group, so the monster will appear and battle you one-on-one."

"He said that?"

"Well, something like that. Yeah."

"That's great. I love being used as bait."

"You won't be alone this time; you'll have me... and the others," I stated, looking forwards, "No idea what the monster might be?"

She shook her head morosely. "But you know where we're going, don't you? SanFrancisco. That's where Artemis was heading."

I vaguely remember always being told (usually by Annabeth or Chiron) that Half-bloods couldn't live there. "What's so bad about San Francisco?"