5th Monday, continued...

I looked at Zane who was sitting on the chair and gave him a soft smile. There was nothing on my mind, I just wanted to go home and sleep. I felt safe with Zane and comfortable with him, as if we had never broken up and as if I had never gotten taken by Elijah.

Right then was when my doctor walked in. "Okay miss Emerson, I have your CT scan results and unfortunately you do have a broken ankle but luckily for you, I'm open this afternoon to do surgery and repair the break." She said as if it wasn't a big deal "I-I don't have the money to pay for that, I-I live with my boyfriend, I don't have a job or a family, but my boyfriend" I said completely ignoring Zane's presence.

"Okay, ma-ma'am I need you to calm down." She stood next to me "i'm sorry, okay, um can I think about it, I mean if I did have the money of course I would do it but I don't" I panicked "okay, um, do you have a family member that you could talk to, mom? Dad? Anyone?" She said nervously "no, they all passed away" I said and tried to hold in the tears that were starting to pool in my eyes.

"I'm so sorry, please forgive me. How about we call your boyfriend, maybe he could help in someway" she said and gave me a soft smile. "I-um, okay" I said and looked at Zane "can I use your phone please" I asked Zane "yeah" he said and pulled it out of his pocket then walked over to me and gave it to me. "I'll be back soon" she said and walked out of the room.

I dialed Elijah's number and put the phone up to my ear, it rung for a couple of seconds and then I heard his voice, "who is this" he asked almost annoyed because this number wasn't registered on his phone "Eli, it's me." I whispered "Jane, who's phone is this, who's phone are you calling me from?" He asked and changed his tone of voice to a more softer tone.

"It's Zane's, listen um, I don't mean to bother you and i'm sorry that I am because it seamed like you were dealing with some things when we left but, could you come to the hospital I-" I said but got interrupted by him "i'll be there soon darling" he said "Elijah finish what you have to first" I said "i'm on my way, i'll see you soon" he said and hung up the phone.

"Shit" I said feeling guilty for interrupting him.
——————————————————
Elijah's POV:
Jane called. Worried. Her voice said it all. I stoped what I was doing and headed my way to the hospital. I knew she'd be okay because she was with Zane but I still hated every part of him.

I made my way to my car and quickly drove to the hospital, driving fast made me forget about everything bad in my life so I did it more often. I felt free. Knowing that at any moment something could happen and I could die made me want to look for that thrill, the adrenaline that comes with it.

When I arrived to the hospital I walked inside and went to the front desk. "I'm here to see Jane Emerson" I said and waited for the lady at the front desk "your relation to the patient sir?" She asked "husband" I softly smiled. "Room 211 and could I get you to sign here" she said and handed me a chart.

I signed it quickly and headed towards the elevator. I pressed the button and waited for the elevator to open, a woman waited behind me, looking like she was also going to get in. I felt her staring at me. Soon the elevator opened and we both walked inside, after the people inside, walked out.

I pushed the 200 button and she just waited, "ma'am are you going to the same floor" I asked confused "yes sir, I am" she said and softly smiled "oh okay" I said awkwardly, wanting so badly to get out of the elevator.

"How is your day going" she asked and looked at me "um, fine" I said not asking how hers was going because I didn't want to talk to her. "Good, I find you very attractive" she said and made her way towards me slowly. Something i'd liked only if Jane was doing it. "I have a girlfriend" I said and moved out of the way.