Next Week, continued...

I was walking into the bathroom when immediately I saw girls staring at me. One of them actually talked to me. "Hey are you that girl that her family got murdered?" She asked with an attitude "I-y-yeah" I said and froze.

"Wow, that's must suck, why were you gone for so long?" She asked "because my fucking family died?" I said stating the obvious. "Well duh, but like what did the board say to you? Did they say anything for missing so much school?" She said "no, now move I have other places to be besides being a druggie" I said and squeezed past her and her group of friends. I went into the stall and peed.

I heard them whispering about me and giggling. I stood up and flushed the toilet then walked out of the stall. "Y'all are loud whisperers" I said as I washed my hands "so maybe keep your head out of our conversation?" The one that I talked to before said.

"Or you could quit talking about me, it's not hard to do that" I said and dried my hands. "Mhh, you're fun to talk about" she said and smiled "you are too" I said and walked out of the bathroom as she gave me an ugly look.

Was I scared to talk back? Yes. Did I do it anyway? Yes. I didn't know what was going to happen if I said the wrong thing. I don't think she expected me to say anything back to her though especially since I never really talked to anyone before, but I was gone for so long so something had to change.

I walked to my fourth period and I was shitting bricks the closer I got to his classroom.

I was at the door and I stopped just to collect myself so I can walk in there and just sit down.

I walked in and surprisingly he wasn't in there. I walked quickly to my old seat and waited for class to start. People that sat close to me started noticing that I was there and started telling the whole class and I just felt awkward. Elijah walked in and looked for me immediately. He sat down in his old seat and moved a backpack.

"I think someone is sitting there" I said and leaned back more comfortably "they can move, I'm sitting next to you" he said and got on his phone.

"How are things at the house?" I asked him "they're going good supposedly" he said and looked at me. "Hey, move this is my spot" some other guy that I had never seen before said "hey, go find somewhere else to sit" Elijah said and made eye contact with the guy.

Ouu shit.

"What did you say?" The guy scoffed "I said to find yourself another seat, unless you need assistance" Elijah said and sat straight up not breaking eye contact with him.

The guy smiled and scoffed then grabbed his backpack. "Hey ma" the guy said to me. "What?" I said now annoyed. "I just said hey" he said and laughed "go sit your ass down kid, I don't know who you think you are but you don't call me ma, my name is Jane" I said and stared at him until he finished grabbing his stuff.

"Okay!" He said and walked away to the other side of the room. I looked around and people were starting at us and laughing at the guy.

"Damn, don't let me make you angry" Elijah said and held my arm. "He's an ass" I said "he's in high school" he said "you are too" I said and looked at Elijah "I run a business, he probably plays Fortnite all day and stinks up his covers" he replied making me laugh "true" I say and just then the bell rings.

I had expected for Zane to be in here by now but he wasn't. We waited a few more minutes and eventually he walked in with some papers in his hand. He still hadn't noticed that me and Elijah were back.

"Sorry guys, I was printing some papers" he said and put them in a cabinet next to his desk. He looked up and immediately looked at me.

His face looked extremely surprised. He cleared his throat and broke the eye contact between us. "T-today we are going to be catching up with yesterday's paper, if you finished good for you take a nap, if you didn't, try to get it finished today and if you can't that is okay you still have tomorrow" he said and looked at everyone besides me and Elijah.

He stoped talking and people started putting their heads down and some talked to their friends. Me and Elijah just sat there with nothing to do.
——————————————————
Cassie walked in. This bitch is still here?

"We're working on the assignment from yesterday" Zane said and stood up and grabbed two papers from his desk, walking towards me and Elijah. Cassie looked at me and her face drained of color. She literally looked like she was going to shit herself. "Hi, um, just try to get this finished if you can, if not it's fine, good to see you two back here" Zane said and gave us the papers nervously.

He walked back to his desk and Cassie looked tense. Are they still a screw around? Or are we just a surprise to them? I'll ask Zane eventually.

"How the fuck are we supposed to do this?" I said and pulled a pencil from my pocket. "I don't know, hey do you have another pencil?" Elijah asked "yeah" I said and grabbed my backpack and then pulled a pencil from my backpack.

"Thank you" he said and wrote his name. "Ask Zane how to do this" Elijah said "Come with me" I said and smiled "I'll kill him" Elijah said "never mind" I said and stood up uncomfortably.

I walked to his desk and he was already looking at me. "Can you help me?" I asked him "yeah, well, do you want the easy way or the harder way?" Zane asked "um whatever's best, so I guess easy" I said with a small smile. "Okay, look at my laptop and write down all of the answers, I'll act like I'm helping you" he whispered and started talking nonsense.

I nodded and replied with short answers just hurrying to write everything down.

"Are you done?" He whispered "next page" I whispered and he continued talking to me about the paper.

When I was finished I stood up straight and thanked him. "Are you back for good?" Zane asked me and touched my arm "y-yeah" I said "so you'll be here every day?" He asked "yes Zane, Mr.Grey" I said catching myself "good" he said and gave me a gentle smile.

I walked back to my desk and Cassie was staring at me. "Do you need something?" I asked her as I sat down "no" she said shortly.

"Rude" Elijah said and laughed "her and Zane screwed around while he was doing so with me, so who's rude?" I said in a whisper loud enough for her to hear. "Damn!" Elijah said and laughed.

"Yeah so anyway, here you go" I said and handed him my paper "he gave you the answers?" He asked "he helped me with the paper Elijah" I said and widened my eyes. Dumb kid.

"Oh yeah!" Elijah said understanding what I meant and laughed. "Yeah!" I said and laughed. I felt Zane staring at me and Elijah so I took a quick glance at him. He looked sad but happy to see me.

He gave me a reassuring smile and I did the same.

With me being back here and having to see Zane and Elijah mostly every day from here until summer, it's going to be hard not to feel for both because they are both still a big part of my life. I'm trying not to like Zane because it's been a long time but sometimes just thinking about him makes me miss him way more than I should.