21. Back Home

The last two days has been a blur, but a very fun blur as Seth and I finished packing then handing in the apartment keys

The last two days has been a blur, but a very fun blur as Seth and I finished packing then handing in the apartment keys. We started our journey back to my hometown last night after dinner, but we stopped to get a hotel room since it was still such a long drive left. Neither of us slept all that well for all the excitement but a half way decent sleep goes such a very long ways.

We are in the final stretch to being back to my hometown and where I hope is forever for us. I have to stop from bouncing in the seat as I drive and the music doesn't help either but nothing can wipe the smile from my face. Seth takes in the views and his leg is bouncing up and down as he smiles at it all. The last two nights now he hasn't even shifted but it is not something he has brought up or mentioned it for being happy to be moving here. It has brought me so much happiness that he is happy to be moving here too.

Just as time and miles pass us by, the final turn into the driveway could almost leave me in tears. I have worked hard to come back home and now it has finally happened. Auntie comes running out of the house just as Seth and I get out, we are wrapped in Auntie's arms and we all just melt into one pile on the ground.

"Okay, come on you two! I got food inside." Auntie stands up straight and pulls us into the house.

I look over the spread and it is a mix of everything. I laugh when thinking this was my leaving meal before going to the apprenticeship all those years ago.

We fill our plates and sit on the couch. It honestly feels nice to just sit on something that isn't moving. Talk passes us by with nothing but happiness. I tell Seth that we will bring in our main bags we packed and then unload our other belongings tomorrow and unpack as we go or tomorrow too. It is already late enough in the day as is and we both really need the sleep.

I walk Seth to where his room will be and then head to mine once we got our bags. Placing my bag on the bed, I let out a happy sigh and take in my old room with the bathroom attached. Which I made sure that Seth has a room with the same set up at the far end of the hall to where he will have his own privacy from now on and not our rooms side by side.

The room has been completely cleaned and I just put the dirty clothes from where change at the hotel room into the basket. It is the same laundry basket I have always had and I make a small list of things that I know we may need if Seth wants new things instead of the basket we brought we have shared over the years. Hanging my clothes up, I smile with how this feels perfect being back home.

A knock on my door has me turning my head when I let the person know it is open. Auntie walks in and hugs me tight.

"I am so very happy to have you back home kiddo." She smiles when she pulls back.

"I am happy to be back home. This feels perfect and like I never even left." I laugh lightly.

"All I ever done is clean in here when needed. Which room did you give Seth?"

"The one at the end of the hall." I point to the right so she knew the exact direction.

"Oh that is a nice room. Did you know at one point that was your Dads room?" Auntie laughs.

"No?" I tilt my head in confusion.

Auntie laughs. "Oh yes. Right before your parents knew you were a sprout in your mom, your dad had this horrible snoring for a couple months until he got some medical help.  He has something with his sinuses that caused it all and the doctors helped get it all fixed, but it was his room for a little bit so your mom could sleep."

I can't help but snicker some. It is nice to hear stories on my parents. Everytime I learn or remember something new that I couldn't before.

"Oh and I have bought all new towels for each bathroom up here. These are for Seth's since I was unsure which room you was going to give him." Auntie dashes out the door and I follow to the table in the hallway.

"I heard my name?" Seth asks walking towards us. I knew he would with my bedroom door being wide open.

I smile as Auntie hands the towels to Seth and explains those were his towels to use.

"Thank you and just my favorite colors." Seth smiles.

"Of course, it helps to know who's towels are who's when doing laundry." Auntie laughs and I nod with her.

"Are you still hungry? You are a growing boy after all." Auntie looks to Seth with the serious look.

Seth shakes his head for once that he doesn't want any food. I snicker under my breath at my son since Auntie did keep adding to his plate when we were eating.

Auntie and Seth get to talking about things he has been up too. Auntie is all about the book talk too, looks like Levo is not the only one that likes some of those scifi books. A interesting fact I didn't know about Auntie but she is not missing a beat as they talk about the book Seth just finished recently. Now mystery books I can get involved with easily.

There is no way I will sleep just yet, so I walk out to my car and start pulling boxes inside the house. I will tackle taking things up the stairs once I get everything out of my car. When I go in on the second trip, I notice the boxes gone and look to see Auntie and Seth carrying a box while they still are in deep conversation. With a smile to myself, I keep bringing in from the car and in no time the car is cleaned out while I start helping tackling boxes up the stairs. All in all it takes less than an hour and now all that is officially left to do is unpack tomorrow, which again will take no time at all.

One thing I want to do tomorrow, is go surprise Sherry at her shop. She has no clue that we have moved back and I want to surprise her in person with the news. When we had our nightly phone call the night that I got this promotion I held my tongue and it was so hard but I knew I wanted to do the major grand entrance surprise.