25. That Was Fun

"How long have you known? How?" My eyes tear up from all the overload and events catching up to me, all while not knowing what to do for my son

Auntie finally looks up to me and her eyes hold an edge to them.

"Now Fayla, I promise it is not what it seems like." Auntie starts.

Fido's form moves under my hand gaining my attention. I look down and see it is like he is sleeping and breathing back to what I would think is normal. His breathing to me was a little light just before but I know pressure points can not only make someone pass out but affect breathing.

"It is something your Mother and I wanted to tell you once you got older because you were to young to know before. After your parents died I just couldn't bring myself to tell you without her." Auntie sighs and I look back to her to see some tears in her eyes.

"Was I adopted?" I can't help but ask but it still wouldn't answer my question on how she knew of Seth being a werewolf.

"No kiddo. I can promise you and even show you pictures of your mom pregnant with you." Auntie smiles and moves to sit directly next to me better while we keep hands on Seth's wolf form.

I nod slowly and let out a breath. Either way I will always see my parents as my parents and same for my Auntie, not all family has to be blood.

"Fayla. Your son carries the wolf gene obviously as he has shifted. He has such a handsome wolf too, although he is very young and below when all others shift but it tells us a story too about what happened I am guessing with Frank, hmm." Auntie stops then looks from Seth's form to me again. "I hope you tell me what happened to cause him to shift early but I had known from the moment I got to see him after it had happened. I know because before I had seen you guys, he didn't smell or have the characteristics of a shifter. It was something I wondered if he be like you or not but I soon learned he was not only human anymore."

"You're not explaining how you know this Auntie." My voice comes out meek.

Auntie lets a small laugh out. "I am stalling."

I sit quietly as I can tell Auntie is really struggling with the words. It is really making me nervous though she knows things and I have no clue how.

"Fayla, I am a werewolf too and so was your mother."

My head jerks to the side to look at her and my mouth gapes open.

"Your dad was human so we never knew what gene may be be the most dominant." Auntie explains further.

"How come I never remember you shifting or going out?"

"Well I do work a lot but I also used it as an excuse to sneak outside to shift and run with my wolf. Seth does have the silver color fur like your mother also had but the black I am not sure who that comes from. By the heighten sense of smell told me a lot through the years."