54. Cook Out

So much time has passed and it only seems to be speeding up

So much time has passed and it only seems to be speeding up. Seth has gotten to where he does not want to leave my side other than for school time, which has caused his studies to be on hold. Lance and Valin both agree with Seth even though he may not be exactly at the warrior strength he is close and how it never fails to have more people with me during the day.

After the surprise baby shower, Lance has become invested in tracing down 'Frank'. In more ways than one Lance has been over working himself in the last three weeks. I couldn't have asked for anything better with my mate either but I wish there were a way I could help but he won't let anything on me other than the normal work I do as Luna. Even though he wanted to take that back to where I could rest but I would go insane doing nothing. So Lance during the day is doing Alpha duties, while still trying to trace the rogue, as well as spending the evenings and nights with Seth and I.

Today though is the pack cook out for our way of thanking everyone for the sweet baby gifts and to spend time all together. It is a bit later than originally planned but it is still happening, as I have been presentant about having it. So here we are with only one week left for baby to be born.

We don't know the gender as we want it to be a surprise. Lance has been reluctant with wanting to know but it helps there is so many cute things for babies now to keep gender nuetral to get him to relent. He claims he doesn't care what the gender of our baby is just so long as baby is healthy, which also helped me to talk him into not finding out.

"Are you ready?" I walk down the stairs and know Seth is in the kitchen by the water running from the fridge.

"Ma." Seth huffs.

"What?" I smirk when I round the corner to face my son that acts more like a teen instead of an eleven year old.

"If Lance or even Aunt Sherry found out you walked down those stairs by yourself, I will be in major trouble."

"Well they won't have to know." I smile feeling accomplished since now I waddle more than walk. I knew he couldn't hear me coming down the stairs since he was getting the ice into the cup.

Seth hands it over just as he started doing lately wanting to help. It is like I can't go anywhere without something to drink and it must be cold.

"They know if you fell. Ma, you're not the most stable but no one would be like that when rounded out and baby out here." Seth shakes his head then laughs lightly.

"Come on sweetheart, time to help with food." I make my way to the back door with a smile.

Sherry is already walking over and I know that Auntie is no doubt already with the other ladies working on the food.

"Come here baby." Sherry smiles when she reaches me and rubs my bump just as she done when she got to see me pregnant with Seth, words and actions, making me smile as it always has.