53. Surprise

Nerves

Nerves. Anxieties. Excitement. Happiness. Anger.

Everything is been a constant battle within my mind and body for the last five months. Time seems to elusive, since I can not seem to catch it in the least.

Fayla is in her very last month of pregnancy now since when we got the hard drive she was three months in or ten weeks. Now we are in the final stretch with barely four weeks left to go. Which has been the excitment and happiness to those feelings as so many things we have got to expereince. From feeling the kicks of our unborn pup, to the extra hormones courses through Fayla's body that Ixchel and I have been more than happy to assist with in the bed.

Or shower. Or agaisnt the wall. Oh! Or my favorite the kitchen table with her bent over ready for us when we had the house to ourselves. Ixhcel daydreams on the events we have had with our mate in the last several months.

Anger coming from the fact for five months nothing has been found out on this rogue 'Frank'. The picture brings nothing on the database for facial recongition, same as the name. Now we have tracked down two of the rogues with this so called 'Frank', however, they could not say anything. Literally their tongues were removed by time we found them, and it was not a fresh wound thing. Which leads us to think there is something larger possibly going on there, but since they were of no use and the warriors could say for a fact they attacked them that night so those two rogues were executed.

Which all leads to the nerves. Nerves because I want nothing more than to get rid of the threat before Fayla gives birth to our pup. Also with the nerves makes it feel like a little failure mixed in, since as an Alpha I should be able to keep the pack safe but here it stands there is all of this over my head.

Over the past months I have been in contact with many Alphas across the country. None of them are happy there is a single rogue that is able to avoid so many packs and seemingly vanish in thin air for this long of a period. It makes them anxious wondering if something could happen to them in their packs because if this rogue wants to he could kill a Alpha and rightfully take over the pack due to how crafty he can be with sneaking around. A thought no Alpha likes but must acknowledge this information since not a single one of us is invinsible.

"Ma will be here in like five minutes." Seth huffs as he fights with getting some tape to stick on the wood.

I chuckle and shake out of my thoughts. "Here try this." I hand him a small piece of duck tape. Had to improvise some how and this stuff seems to stick to the wood better than regular clear tape.

Whoevers idea it was to make us men responsible for decorating this surprise baby shower really should have thought otherwise. I mean between Seth, Valin, Levo and I we have got everything Sherry and Vi brought over early this morning put up. Now if it is in the right spots or as nice as they were hoping, that is yet to be known but us men thought logically on it.

"At least it is level." Valin smirks.

"I think we got it all put up where Sherry was instructing me to do. I read the texts and looked at the picture she took with her finger pointed to the area." Levo uses a finger to scratch his head with while looking at his phone in deep thought.

Well that is great at least he seemed to know things. Explains why he was telling the rest of us where to put things logically.

"Did anyone get the food?" Seth looks to me.

"I got that covered." Levo looks up from the phone then goes pale.

We all follow him as he rushes to his house and opens the oven door. I can't help but laugh when he lets out a breath of air.

"You do realize we could have all just got nuetered." Valin huffs with an eye roll.

"What?" Levo looks to him.

"If you burnt a pregnant ladies food, she would cry and then possibly go mad." Valin shivers.

I laugh and then swallow hard. It really sinks in that he is right. Fayla is serious about her food moreso lately than ever and with the added hormones.

We all be in the dog house. Ixchel shakes his fur out with the thought I was trailing too.

"I don't know why Aunt Sherry thought it be smart to leave you in charge of the food Uncle Levo." Seth shivers. "We all know you're not the best with it."

I can't help but laugh because kid has Levo there.

"In my defense Sherry put it all together and I just had to start the oven." Levo chuckles. "The only reason it isn't burnt is because I put it on low heat and not the temperature Sherry actually put on the list. So guess it is a good thing I was in a hurry."

"More like luck." Valin mutters.

Together we all get the food over to our house, just in time too as the ladies car is pulling up from the sound in the distance. I really need to get Fayla's car checked, something with one of the belts is starting to put off a small squeak sound and it needs to be checked before it becomes a larger issue.

I wait by the door with Seth since it is something we typically do if we are home to greet Fayla. Once her car pulls up, I see the warriors that went them pull off towards the packhouse with their vehicle. My eyes go back to Fayla as she gets out of the car with Sherry and Vi, all three ladies laughing. I walk down the steps and kiss Fayla once she is in my arms.

"I missed you too but I have to get to the bathroom before my bladder burst." Fayla laughs lightly.

I hum and hold my breath.

Seth smiles and moves out of the way having heard. The others were quick to scatte around to the back to enter and Seth walks inside the house to see Fayla's reaction. I hold the door open for Fayla and stay by her side.

"Surprise!" Valin and Levo's deep voices call out making Fayla jump slightly.

Her eyes widen as she looks around and then everyone swarms her making her laugh with tears in her eyes. "I love it really! Thank you so much. I just have to get to the bathroom even faster now."

We all laugh and I watch as she darts to the closest one. Once she comes out we all eat and then listen as the girls tell us about the pampering day they have had. Fayla gets emotional with all the gifts surrounding her and has Seth and I help her open them as many are not just from those here in the house but from the pack as well. The pack all seem to agree in letting us have this moment together as none of the members want her to be overwhelmed, but we do have a cook out scheduled to happen within a week or two to give them thanks for the gifts and spend time as a pack together to celebrate a new pup coming.