30. This Is Right

Lance and I have never broke eye contact as my mind reels over what he just said

Lance and I have never broke eye contact as my mind reels over what he just said. I would love nothing but to put some parts of out my mind with the doubt but something hits me. For the first time in years, I can remember my Mom whispering in my ear like she done every night.

'My sweet Fayla, don't ever forget to listen to your heart it can never lead you astray. Don't ever fight what is meant to be and don't let one bad ruin the future good. You are destined for great love.'

Could Lance be the one to give me the great love and I give it back to him in return?

I had thought the great love was when my son was born and what a great love it truly is. I would never change it for anything in this world and if he wasn't happy then I wouldn't accept.

This love is different and I wanted nothing more than to have what my parents had and I remember. Lance may be my only chance. His words though seem so real and raw, unrehearsed.

"I want this with you." I smile up to Lance as his eyes shine with brightness and my cheeks fill a bit warm.

Softness lands on my lips and hands cup my cheeks, as my eyes close and get my first taste of Lance. A delicious mixture of chocolate and bananas. Never thought his lips would be this soft, but it is a nice contrast to his rough hands. Nothing beats a man with rough hands that can grip and hold things.

Needing air I pull back and then really feel the heat flush through my cheeks. It had completely seemed to leave my mind that everyone is still around us. What got me the most is the fact that Seth just seen this with me pressed up against Lance. Sure he knows about the birds and bees but I never wanted to embrass him, but instead with a glance over he is smiling wide.

"You won't regret this Fayla, I promise." Lance whispers in my ear so low I barely hear it and smiles at me when I look at him.

"Congratulations Alpha and Luna." Everyone surrounds us a second later.

"Luna?" My mouth speaks before I can stop it.

Of course, it would make sense with what Auntie explained how things work. My only thing is I hope I can do justice for the role given.

"You will be perfect and do great Fayla." Sherry rubs my back and Auntie nods her head.

When had she came back up?

"Your mother would be so proud of you. I am also just as proud kiddo, you were destined for greatness just like your mom would always say." Auntie tears up and then kisses the head of my head.

"Tonight we can bring you both into the pack offically too." Lance speaks up again while Levo and Valin nods.

"The quicker the better with having both members. The pack has been missing their Luna and if anyone has heard in passing just recently then we don't want rumors to spread either." Valin speaks up the most he has since coming up.