Chapter 28: Broke

You had gotten into quite a routine when everything suddenly changed.

It happened one day while you were walking through a hallway with Thor. Tony needed some boxes moved and you and Thor both volunteered to help, you holding one and Thor holding four.

Thor and you had become fast friends, he had calmed down from the shock that you could lift his hammer which you found out was indeed Mjølnir, and now he was just amazed at you, and kept talking about how worthy you were. You were still pretty sure it was a 'different world' kind of thing but didn't comment on it.

You were in the middle of a conversation about the stars and Yggdrasil when the alarm of the tower suddenly started blaring.

This was a full-on alarm this time, and you looked up shocked at the noises. "Thor what does th-" You saw a flash of light coming from beside you where Thor had been standing and felt the electricity in the air. As you turned back to see him, boxes on the floor, Mjølnir in his hands, and him in his battle armor.

"Intruders," he said seriously putting in an earpiece as he took the box from your hands and put it on the floor by the others "I need to get you to a safe room."

You didn't even have a chance to ask how he changed so fast before he grabbed your hand and started running with you.

But you didn't get far. Suddenly 3 people all dressed in black and with guns burst through one of the side doors, and point them at you and Thor.

Thor used his body quickly to shield you, enveloping you in a hug to both cover you and pick you up as the guns fired your way.

All you could do was cling to him in panic. Praying that the God of thunder was bulletproof and strong enough to take on this many people.

"Close your eyes," he said fiercely, you doing as he commanded.

You felt the spark in the air again and then clung onto him more in fear as you heard what you could only describe as a loud crack of thunder and lightning.

When you opened your eyes again, most of the hallway was scorched with burn marks, and the three men were on the floor.

The marks all lead to Thor, his hammer held up pointing in the direction of the three men.

You gasped. "Did you do that?!" The whole hall looked like it had been burned by lightning!

"Um," Thor had a surprised look on his face. "Yes I did, but I never-" He didn't finish as Tony started speaking in his earpiece, you clinging close enough to hear it. "Point Break is the kid with you?"

Thor lifted you into one arm, he was really strong! You were sitting on his arm, your own arms grabbing around his neck and shoulders. "Yes I got her, I tried bringing her to a safe room, but they are already up here."

"The whole tower is infested with them, get her to the platform on your floor I'll meet you there." You could hear the worry in Tony's voice and it made you smile a little.

"Copy that," Thor said as he twirled Mjølnir in his hands before running with you.

You got to the platform with no more trouble, it was like a mix between a balcony and a landing pad. Tony was in his Iron Man suit and quickly landed close to you. "Hand her to me, and I'll fly her to a safe location," he said, holding out his hands.

"Did you forget I can fly too?" Thor asks, which makes you give him a surprised look, but Tony just gently picks you up like you are a child as he says: "That might be true, but I do it more smoothly"

And with that, Tony flew up into the air. He was not going fast, probably to not scare you, this was your first time flying with him.

But then some agents spot you through a window and start shooting in your direction.