Chapter 50: Code Green

Turned out it was a good thing you all had gone on the mission together.

You were in a more central point of the battle this time, having your shield to protect you meant you could be closer to the others and switch between powering more people.

But the group was suddenly overwhelmed, the enemies having powers too. Steve called out that they have 'Enhanced' and that you all needed to be more careful.

You heard Tony over the intercom too. "I think we have a Code Green," he said seriously, you answering with a confused: "What does that mean?"

"It means if you see a big green guy." Bruce's voice sounded in your ear. "Don't shoot him." You were surprised to hear his voice and your eyes grew wide as you realized what this meant.

You turned your gaze back toward the jet where Bruce had been waiting with Nat.

Looks like it was time for you to learn what Bruce's superpower was.

Your eyes widen when you see him taking off his shirt, but they get even wider as you see him turning green and growing... And growing... And oh my god he is HUGE!

"Kid, meet the Hulk." You hear Tony say seriously. "He has some anger issues, so do not stand in the way of his smashing," he said seriously as you saw Bruce roar and charge into battle.

"N-Noted," you said, still a bit shocked as you moved back to focusing on the battle too. You had not expected that at all!

༺☆༻

Turns out Hulk was very strong and very destructive and you quickly understood why he was not used more often.

While he seemed to be able to focus on the enemies for the most part, sometimes a teammate would be standing just a bit too close to the smashing Hulk and also get hit. He reminded you a bit of a barbarian in rage, all smash no thinking.

He at least seemed to try harder not to smash the more squeamish of the group. Thor was the one who got hit the most, but that might be his own fault. He did not give Hulk that much space.

Loki was giving him a LOT of space, and you had a feeling he might be afraid of even letting the Hulk see him, and you found out that he had a good reason too.

It was near the end of the battle, and most of the enemies were dealt with, but you were still not letting your guard down.

You heard Hulk roar loudly, a thing you noticed he would do when someone pissed him off or he spotted someone he really wanted to smash. You would have ignored the sound if it was not accompanied by Loki's terrified scream.

You looked up to see Hulk smashing his way through an empty building, Loki desperately running from him in a panic. "LOKI!" You yell out in shock, no one else was close by and Loki was running out of the building space quickly.

You run toward the building, wishing you could somehow fly up there to help, and then suddenly find the shield that you have on autopilot around you turning a lighter shade of blue.

It moves below you, changing to be more like a circular platform as they suddenly make a floating staircase for you.

Well, it might not be flying, but it will do! You quickly run up the steps that you are creating, making your way up toward the floor Loki is on. But it's a bit too late as Loki has run out of space and has to dive out a window.

On instinct you kneel on one of the steps you are on, putting your hands against the crystal and begging to be able to catch him.

The steps behind you merge with the step you are on, leaving you with one floating platform that suddenly shoots through the air with you on it, just in time to catch Loki before his fall becomes too fast.