13

"Come." L says as he gets up. Picking the stack of macaroons and shoving each one in his mouth as he walked. Light is following him.

The computers are turned off. The HQ is completely silent. Only the sound of faint rain is hitting the window panes. And the sound of the clocks ticking down the hallway.

Both men walk down the hallway. They reached a room. L opened the door. It was a average bedroom.

"This is the room I use for resting. We will be sleeping in here tonight." L says.

Light became flustered. "WE?!" He exclaimed in shock. L looked over. "Misa won't be alarmed by this, will she?" He asks.

Light calmed himself. Still flustered about this, he replied. "No I'm sure she won't even care."

"Ah, very well. But just to be safe." L walked over and walked to a small desk. Picking up the same handcuffs they shared awhile ago.

"I will have us cuffed tonight just so you don't try anything suspicious." L says with a smirk.

Light scoffed lightly. "These again? Ryuzaki, you know pretty damn well I'm not Kira by now don't you? Fuck, I even isolated myself for days for you."

"Yes, but that isn't enough for me." L responded as he cuffed Lights wrist. And then proceeded to cuff his own.