36

L looked through the pages. "The persons name written in his book, shall die." He read out loud.

Then flipped through it. Seeing all the names that Light has written down. Light lowered his head. He knew he lost.

'These are all the criminals from day one that Kira has been killing. This is out of some unique power from the shinigami. Also known as the Gods of death. Now it is official. Light Yagami, is Kira.'

L lifted his head. Hearing soft insane laughter escaping out of Light's throat. Light lifted his head as his laughter increased. Tears rolling down his face as he continued to laugh madder and louder by the minute.

"That is right..." Light's voice calmed down. Staring coldly and insanely into L's eyes.

"I'm Kira."

L felt his heart shatter as soon as he heard those words come into reality. He knew he had his accuracy of the accusation. But hearing it, by the suspect made it ... hurt.

Tears began to fill L's eyes. Light clenched his jaw as he started to scream again.

"DID YOU HEAR ME?! I AM KIRA! I AM GOD OF THIS NEW WORLD! I AM TRYING TO MAKE THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE! AND YOU CAN'T STOP ME!"

"Im afraid I can, stop you. Light. And I have. This is the solid evidence, that we have been looking for. I never expected it to be my... Best friend. Or, more I should say.but I knew, deep in my heart that you are Kira." L says, monotoned.

"What?! What the fuck is that suppose to mean?!" Light shrieked. L placed the death note in a clear evidence bag and zipped it shut. And tosses it to the corner of the room.

He walks over to Light, - whom is still chained to the bed. Due to Light squirming around so much, the handcuffs have been cutting into his skin. Making his wrists all red and slightly cut in.

"I cannot uncuff you. You must stay detained. If I even dare, I know what you would do." L says as he stared into Light's panicked gaze.

"Actually, you don't know my real identity. But I will still not make the risk. You are Kira. And Misa Amane was the second Kira. You murdered Misa so you can leave her into the dirt to make it hide the truth. You wanted only to be one Kira. And that Kira, is you. You have told me. I found it. You have lost, Light Yagami." L says heartbrokenly.

Light felt tears rolling down his face again. "No..." His voice cracked. "I can't let you win! I HAVE TO KILL YOU!"

"You will never win, just like a child." L says as he stared painfully into Light's eyes.

"And I was internally hoping at the bottom of my heart, that you weren't Kira. That maybe...my hypothesis was wrong and that there was another person who was Kira. But I knew this entire time. You are Kira. You have even confessed."

Light let's out a scream of frustration as he began to bawl. "YOU CANT DO THIS TO ME! I FUCKED UP! BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN I CAN REPAIR THIS! CAN'T I?!"

"No, Kira. You have done too much damage to be repaired. You have hidden this from me, for a very, -, very , long and consuming painful ride. I am done with those cat and mouse games. I am done with all of the madness that you caused and you won't be forgiven by anyone on planet earth." L responded with pain laced in his tone.

Light lowered his head in shame. "L... Please, please don't kill me.." he softly cried as his body began to shake. "I am just a stupid..."

"Child..."