22

As they walked. There clothes began to get soaked. "Light, are we almost there? We will have to dry ourselves when we get to your place."

"Yeah, we are almost there. It is just around the corner." Light responded to L's question.

They were not to far apart. Walking side by side. The chain dangling between them. The cuffs still remained around L and Light's wrist.

Once they walked around the corner. They showed up to the house. Light got a head of L. And took his keys out of his back pocket. He unlocked the house door.

"Come in. I guess." Light greeted as he turned the knob and allows L into his home.

L looks around. "Hm. You have a lovely place here, Light." He complimented. The brunet looks over towards the black-haired male. "Oh uh, thanks. It still needs some work to do, but besides that. It has been alright."

"Well excellent. How's your mentality?" L asked the question out of the blue.

"Haha..what?" Light looked over. His eyes glistening with suspicion. 'strange question. Why is he asking this? I'm just gonna respond casually, I don't want him to suspect me more.'

"How are you." L asked again as he tugged Light with him since the cuffs are still attached to the two men.

"Been doing okay." Light responded as he follows L to the kitchen. "Hm." L hummed as he opened the cabinet.

"Ooh.. you got some animal crackers in here. And.. Oreos?" L questioned as he grabbed the package.

"Have you had Oreos before?" Light chuckled a little. "Actually.. no. I haven't. Might as well try. Just as long as you didn't poison these treats, Kira."

Light blinked a couple times. 'Damn.. he is that cautious? I got these from the damn store. Wait. Where's Ryuk?'
His honey-browns started to scan around the room.

There, he sees Ryuk. An apple in his hand. But to L's eyes – if L looks over, he'll just blankly see a floating apple.

Light mouthed, 'Ryuk, go upstairs.'
Ryuk cackled as it chomps into the apple. The flew itself up the stairs.

"Hey, Yagami? Who were you mouthing too?" L asks. Holding a Oreo in his fingertips as he holds it up to look at it.

'Damn! He saw that! How?! He was staring at the damn Oreos!'Light looks over "oh uh.. nobody. I was just thinking and almost said something out loud. Hahah!" Light laughed it off with a nervous smile.

"Hm..... If you say so. Light." L responded.