24

"of course I'm defending myself! That is a horrible accusation that you have been calling me for months now! What can I do to prove to you that I'm not Kira?! I locked myself up for you! I spent 50 days in jail for you to prove to you that I am not Kira!" Light scolded.

"Yes, I'm well aware of this. And for then... The killings have..–" L got interrupted. "–They continued! People were still dying! Which is horrible!" Light shouted.

"But now, Kira is silent. No deaths have occurred as of recent since the passing of your father, Soichiro Yagami." L narrowed his eyes as he got close to Light's face.

"Everything that this Kira has done has been connected with you in some way or some how. Which is odd. Why would Kira be so content with making you suffer or be following you around if you are not him? If that is the case, is he stalking you? Is he planning on murdering you next?" L got super close to Light's face now. Staring him down.

Light widened his eyes. He stepped back. Hitting his back against the wall as he narrowed his eyes towards L.

"Ryuzaki! That is exactly what is happening! He is trying to kill me! You just connected the dots!" Light responded, his voice slightly higher in pitch.

"Yes..... That could be the case." L stepped back. The chain dangling and they are a bit away from each other now.

"But, there is still a side of me. Deep inside my analyzations that you are in fact Kira. There is no doubt about it. I know it is you. I can't fathom other theory. Unless the stalker one is correct. But if that's the case, why would Kira be aiming towards you? You're an average student and seems to be innocent. Kira only murders criminals right?" L questioned.

"Well.. what about earlier before my father's death? Kira was killing innocent people. What if it's the second Kira trying to kill me off because I work alongside with you? It could be that the second Kira." Light responded as he loosely crossed his arms. Sounding much calmer.

"Okay. Let's say that. But won't that make the second Kira a murderer? A criminal in the first Kira's visionary of ideals?" L questions.

Light felt his body tense up. He clenched his jaw. 'Fuck. I gave out too much information. Now he turned the tables onto me! This fucking asshole! That bastard! Why is he so difficult?! I just have to kill him! He's so smart...so intelligent, but not as smart as me. I will be a step ahead before him. I have to get rid of Misa, as soon as possible. No questions asked first.'

"I see what you are saying, Ryuzaki. But if they are working together. Why will Kira kill his secondary? If they are in a team?" Light asks.

"Well, Light.." L paused as he picked up a Oreo. He broke the top layer of chocolate off and licked the creamy center.

"Because the real Kira is a one-man show."

He says, staring into Light's eyes with no emotion.