Part 37

I grab my phone after it didn't stop buzzing for 5 minutes straight. Susan and I are laughing at Caleb and me in my old picture book. I wasn't the cutest child and neither was Caleb. Looks like nothing really changed for him. Speaking of Caleb he's the one blowing up my phone. He's called me a few times but most of it is just texts. He says he's trying to sleep and we are being to noisy. Also he asked if we could shut up. If Mom and dad haven't complained about the noise then I don't care. So I turn off my phone and look back at the pictures of Caleb and I.

"What is Caleb wearing!" Susan laughs as she throws the book on my lap. Caleb went through a phase in 5th grade. He thought khakis and sweater vests were the best clothes to wear. I remember he had his closet organized by sweater color and shirt color. All of his pants were neatly folded on the bottom shelf and his black dress shoes sat on the floor. He had a little basket holding bow ties and he'd only wear them on Fridays and Sundays. The only reason I know how organized his clothes were was because I loved to mess it up. I was an ornery child.

"That's his sweater vest phase," I tell her. "His favorite was a red, blue and yellow plaid sweater."

"I just got a graduation present idea!" She smiles and grabs her phone. "We are going to look for these vests first thing in the morning!"

"We have church first thing in the morning," I remind her. My family is catholic so we usually go to church on Sunday. Except at the beginning of the year mom and dad wanted to find the perfect church for us to go to because they want one that we had close to home.

"I forgot," Susan replies, "probably because you guys go to a 7:30 mass."

"Believe me I'd rather go at 9," I tell her, "but my parents don't want to sleep in that long."

"Oh well," she shrugs. "I didn't bring church clothes." She did bring clothes hoping her parents would let her stay. Only Susan. "I need to borrow something."

"You do realize I'm like 5'2," I remind her as she looks through my closet. "You are like 5'7!"

"Believe me I'll find something," she says and pushes clothes on the rack. Finally she finds something and lays it on the bed. She grabbed a short sleeve purple blouse that has white stripes and buttons on the sleeves. It goes off the shoulder a little bit but not completely off. She also lays a pair of white leggings.

"Those leggings will be way to short," I tell her as I hold them up.

"No they won't," she says grabbing them. "They bunch up at your ankle so they'll look fine being an inch or so above mine. For me that's good when you have long legs."

"I don't think it will," I say and lay back.

"I'll show you," she said picking up her, well my, clothes. She goes to my bathroom and I decide to find what I'm going to wear tomorrow.  I'm to lazy to actually look through all my clothes so I grab an almost peach color tank top that covers both my shoulders and a pair of black leggings. I set those down before I grab a pair of white Toms to lay next to it. "See I told you."