Part 43

"No!" I groan and throw my head against the seat. We are on the way back him and Tobias needed help with his math. He is not gifted with knowing how to do math. We've, I've, been trying to finish this one. He's supposed to be telling me the process but he's already messed it up 8 times. "Here I'll just show you."

"Don't stress pumpkin," he says and wraps his left arm over my shoulder, "Ms. Matthews has to listen to my dad."

"I thought you and your dad didn't have the best relationship," I say and he shrugs.

"So the answer is 24.9," Tobias says avoiding what I just said.

"Uh yeah," I say and close the text book, "I think that's enough for now. I'm really tired."

"Lay down," he says and takes his arm off my shoulder. He scoots down the to the end of the seat and pats his leg. "You've been teaching me for the past 40 minutes, that's stressful."

We both laugh and I lay my head against his shoulder, "I think I'll lay like this instead." I curl my legs up next to me and bring my blanket over my shoulder. Tobias takes the extra and lays it over his lap.

"I'll wake you when we're home," he says and I shut my eyes. After a couple minutes, when I feel like I'm about to fall asleep for days, he kisses the top of my head. "I'm glad I met you pumpkin, I don't know what I'd do without you."

I hold back the smile I was holding and crack my eye open. His chin is resting on my head and his arms are wrapped around me. I snuggle closer to his chest and wrap my arm around his torso. I feel him lift his chin off my head and I quickly shut my eyes. After a couple minutes I realize there is no way I'm going to sleep now. I open my eyes and see Tobias looking out the window.

"What's so exciting out there?" I ask and he looks down at me.

"I thought you were asleep," he says and I shake my head.

"It's hard to sleep on a bus," I shrug, even though I did ok the way here.

"Tomorrow do you want to grab lunch?" He asks, "I can pick you up from your practice or we can meet somewhere."

"That's sounds nice," I say, "how about you meet me at my house a hour after practice. I will need to shower and get dressed. Plus tomorrow is supposed to be 75 out."

"Sounds good," he snails and kisses the top of my head. This is my new favorite thing.

"Where are we going?" I ask and he just shrugs his shoulders.

"Maybe I'll get Hana to help me with a picnic," he smiles, "if it's supposed to be warm tomorrow."

"That sounds amazing," I smile back.

"I'll need a list of food," he says and pulls out his phone, "I know your favorite fruit is blueberry. Favorite sandwich is peanut butter and banana-"

"How do you know this?" I ask confused.

"I swear I'm not stalking you," he says and I roll my eyes, "you just tended to eat the same thing all the time at the beginning of the school year."

"You're observant," I say and he nods.

"I think I'm going to actually chose the baseball scholarship."

"Really?" I ask and he nods, "that's awesome! Divergent University right?"

"Yep," he says popping the p, "and from what I've heard Amar is talking to the Divergent University track coach about you."

"I may be stuck with you?" I joke with a sigh, "guess I won't accept the scholarship."

"I'm not that bad," he says and I laugh.

"You're worse."

"What'll you be majoring in?" He asks and I smile.

"English language and literature," I tell him, "I'd like to teach younger kids about literature."

"Of course it has to do with reading," he jokes and I hit his arm playfully, "I'm majoring in business."

"Why that?" I ask.

"Dad runs a gym," he explains, "he is only principle to watch me. His main focus is the business. I've been told that once I'm done with college the business is mine. He doesn't want to deal with it anymore."

"Who knew you had a gym?" I say and he smiles.

"How else would I get all my muscle?" He smirks and I roll my eyes.

"Where is it exactly?" I joke and grab his arm, "I don't see it."

"You are rude pumpkin," he says and I giggle.

"Only to you!"

He grabs the back of my legs and pulls them over his lap. Once he did that he picks me up and puts me on his lap. "You are something else Tris," he whispers and I feel my face flush. He never calls me Tris, "I can't seem to stop thinking of you."

"Um,"' I hum and try to avoid eye contact. "Thanks."

"Will you get mad at me?" He asks and I furrow my eyebrows.

"For what?" I ask. "As much as I say I don't like you, I don't mean it."

Next thing I know is his lips are pressed against mine. My eyes widen before they flutter closed. I hook my arm around his neck and pull him closer. He lips move with mine in perfect timing. I kind of forget everything around me. Whenever he kisses me, my mind goes blank and I have no clue what to do.

I feel him smile into the kiss and I place one hand on the side of his head

I feel him smile into the kiss and I place one hand on the side of his head. The kiss is slow and... I'm not sure how to explain it. It's the best kiss I've ever had with him. This makes me understand why every girl wants him. He's... almost hypnotizing. Perfect. That's the word for him, perfect.

TOBIAS'S POV:

Shes perfect. Everything about her. Her eyes are the perfect shade of grey. They always have a blue tint in them and it makes them shine. Her smile can bring joy to anyone. Her laugh makes my heart beat faster. She has the cutest little nose. Her hair is always perfect, no matter what she does with it. She manages to make sweats look hot instead of comfy. Her blush is the cutest thing you'll ever see. The way she acts, she's so kind and selfless. She's extremely brave and smart. She always tells the truth even if people don't need to hear it. She's everything. Her kisses show all of her. She's gentle and passionate at the same time. She's the perfect mixture of everything good.

After a few minutes we pull away slightly panting. Her cheeks flush. I rest my forehead against hers and grin. She smiles back and I wrap my arms tightly around her waist. After a minute she pulls away slightly and kisses my cheek. Thank the lord the bus is dark, I'd only ever want Tris to see me blush out of everyone. She wouldn't judge me like every other person in the school would. She's just perfect.