I want chocolate.

I sit up groggily.

I feel like a slushy machine.

At least I got some sleep.

Without being disturbed by some random other world again.

Some of them are pretty cool.

But I'm glad I don't see as much as I used to when I didn't know how to control my dreams.

I survey my surroundings.

L isn't in his armchair...

Aww...

How depressing.

He was with me last night, but he always gets bored when he's awake not eating food.

We're in another new hotel, this one is much more modern and classy than the other.

I sigh and shuffle over to the edge of the bed.

My feet brush the freezing cold ground and they scream.

My feet can scream?

I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW THEY COULD DO THAT.

I manage to find a pair of fluffy rainbow socks under the bed where L hid them, claiming that they were 'revolting' and 'itchy'.

I should have broken up with him for that...

Fortunately, I love him too much.

"Morning, Freya."

I turn lazily and am met with the cheerful face of Naomi peeking into the room.

"Hey, Shoko." I yawn, grinning sleepily and stretching my arms out for a hug.

I hate calling Naomi by her alias.

Gross.

Same as L.

Why would I call him RyUzAki?

He is L and L is FABULOUS!

Naomi comes over to give me a warm hug.

"There's been a development in the case!" she tells me excitedly. "The second Kira's sent a diary to us, you should come and have a look."

I nod in interest and follow her through to the main room.

Why is the floor so cold?

THE ICE IS PENETRATING THROUGH MY SOCKS.

Naomi and I enter the room with all the others mingling around and half buried in... ORIGAMI CHICKENS?!

(Time skip while the task force unfold all the origami chickens)

(NOTE: Mwua hates 'timeskips' because they are very improper. You must use paragraphs.)

"Alright, that's the last of them..." grumbles Aizawa as he places the final piece of paperwork on a massive pile before shooting the little snowflake in the corner of the room a hostile glare.

I turn to the unfazed boy and sigh. "Nathan, do not mess with the paperwork again," I order, folding my arms sternly.

Near shrugs and raises his cute little eyebrows. "Fine," he says simply, before turning back to his 10th jigsaw of the day.

Why is Near misbehaving so much?

Does he want attention?

IS HE LONELY?

We send Matsuda to purchase some more toys for Near to occupy himself with.

If Near has nothing to do, expect mayhem and terrible things.