They are good at looking.

"WooOoo! Hal got chosen!"

"What?" L hasn't been paying attention.

"L, you really must stop being so lazy. There are important things for you to help with," I tell him.

L sighs. "No, Near has everything under control. If I ever had anything to add or felt the need to intervene I would do so."

hM.

"Anyway, we should be focusing on looking after these three," he says as Lewis pukes all over the place.

"dAMn, why do they always puke up everything!"

"You probably feed them too much..."

"NO! My babies need food."

L finds some towels.

Nate and Rester are discussing something about Halle.

Luka watches them in silent fascination.

He loves Nate's hair but Nate will only let me touch his hair.

"Yes... I am grateful to Lidner for putting the investigation before her safety." Nate watches all the screens on the wall.

I'm beginning to get a headache.

Levi is going cross-eyed or some mental stuff trying to look at them all at once.

"By the way, commender Rester, have you been able to come up with an answer for this?" Nate points to the TVs.

"If I was Kira, who would I have chosen as the new spokesperson after Demegawa..." he recalls.

"Yes."

L makes a face. "What Near really means is... if you were X-Kira, who would you have chosen for the spokesperson," he says in a monotone, picking up Luka and walking around so that he stops craning his neck to obsess over Nate's hair.

Nate shudders and hides his head.

"Well..." Rester admits, "unlike the two of you, I can't watch and listen to several screens at the same time. I can't do it in only 5 days, I would need more time."

"Me too. Plus, it gives me headaches..." I groan.

"Well, I was just going to use your opinions as a reference," Nate dismisses, "so don't think about it too hard. Just an answer off the top of your head will suffice."

"Okay..."

I point to L. "I'd choose L as my spokesperson."

L raises a brow. "I'd choose Levi because he always screams."

Nate is the only one who seems to be taking this seriously.

But then L settles himself down and glues those dark eyes of his to the multiple screens for about 30 minutes while I amuse the babies with toys and stop Lewis from rolling on top of Levi who just tried to poke him in the eye.

*when you realise you just summed up your life*

...

Rester eventually comes to a conclusion. "Near, as long as it's not someone extreme like Demegawa, they all look the same to me as a possibility for Kira's spokesperson."

"I can't decide either, but I definitely wouldn't have chosen Takada, who's still a rookie announcer."

"Then why was Takada chosen?" Nate ponders. "It could just be that Takada is the type of woman that Kira fancies, but... I think it was because Takada was a Kira worshiper and Kira knew about it."