CHAPTER 17 - Behind the Mask.

Violet's P.O.V.

I followed the music, up corridors and down about ten flights of staircases. The girl could beat Ludwig Van Beethoven any day. An expert pianist...just like me when I had my hands around an acoustic guitar!

Training was almost impossible for me now. Blindfolded on a tightrope? Over a fudging waterfall? Yeah right I was gonna do that, even if the Second Trial was tomorrow! Suddenly, halfway through following the music, l ended up in a familiar corridor...where had I seen this place last? , This was The Proxy bedrooms corridor.

Then that meant the only person who could be playing the piano so well was......Masky.

I opened the door a crack, just to make sure what I thought was correct. The bedroom was very beautifully designed, (Black fur trimmed everything like most of the bedrooms) But at the same time an absolute tip - the covers were messed up and the floor was littered with what looked like torn pages from a book. Too bad I had to see the victim.

"Ugh, screw you, Smile! I'll give you something to smile about - at your funeral." I turned to face a boy at the massive, glossy oak piano. My suspicions may have faltered a little, what if there were guy-selected?

Then I saw three things which made my eyes grow to about twice their size in shock:

A) The large neon hoodie and black skinny jeans.

B) The plate of half-finished cheesecake lying on the piano roof.

C) The mask left abandoned on the bed.

I probably gasped during my eyes-widening in shock motion as well, because Masky's face snapped towards the door. I cringed as he realised who it was. He cringed too, then tried to cover his face in embarrassment. "Violet! You could have told me you were gonna come in for a visit! Oh, I'm sorry I've let you see such a horrible mess, I'll tidy it right away.." He scrabbled for his mask, before he started to tidy up but I snatched it away from him so he managed to grab a handful of thin air.

"I, um...I was just going to leave anyways." I stammered awkwardly.

I turned and ran for my life.