Welcome Home

~Camilo's P.O.V.~

I sat there in my seat, watching in silence as (Y/N) excused herself from the table.

As she made her way out of the dining room, I caught a glimpse of her tear-stained face, which carried a look of grief.

I couldn't help but feel terrible for her. The unimaginable things she's had to experience and suffer from.

Standing up, I pushed in my chair and also excused myself.

"I'm... gonna go check up on her." I said, letting out a nervous chuckle.

Exiting the dining area, I looked down towards the tiled floor.

"Is she okay, Casita?" I asked, the floor tiles flopping up and down in response.

"Yeah," I nodded slightly. "I wouldn't know either."

I sighed, walking out the front doors that Casita had opened for me.

Looking around, I tried searching for (Y/N), but it was difficult considering that it was getting dark out.

I heard the sound of water nearby, which was a bit peculiar, and I went over to where the sound was coming from.

Not too far from the house, (Y/N) sat by a tree, playing around with a blob of water.

"Whoa." I whispered. "She wasn't kidding." I gazed at her from afar, completely mesmerized by her gift.

As I continued walking towards her, I wasn't paying attention to where I was going and stepped on a twig.

The loud snap had caught me off guard, frightening both me and (Y/N). So much for being stealthy...

~~~

~2nd P.O.V.~

You sat leaning against the base of the tree as you played around with the water.

As you were in the moment, your mind wandered about whilst also not having a single care in the world. That's when you heard a twig snap from behind you and your head perked up.

The water assumed the shape of a spear, and freezing it, you directed it into the face of the person.

"Who's there?" You asked, still keeping the spear at a threatening distance between the person's face.

"Whoa, whoa, (Y/N), chill. It's just me." The voice said. You recognized the voice to be Camilo's.

"Ah, Camilo, sorry." You laughed nervously, transforming the ice back into water. You directed the water back into the canteen and placed it back in your satchel.

He walked over and sat down right next to you with one leg up for his arm to rest on his knee.

"That was pretty cool, you know." He complimented, referring to your powers. "You weren't kidding when you said you had powers."

You let out a soft chuckle and nodded, tucking a strand of hair behind your ear. "Thanks. And yeah, I guess it is pretty cool."

Sitting there in silence for a moment, you looked up at him, only to find that he was already staring at you.

"What?" You laughed, slightly furrowing your brows.

"Nothing." He shrugged, laughing along with you. "It's just that... I can't believe that you're actually here, after all these years."

"Yeah, me neither." You sighed, turning your head to look back at the horizon.

Although you had looked away, Camilo never took his gaze off of you.