Mother-Daughter Reunion

"Mother?" You asked, blinking your eyes a few times as you processed this.

"Yes, my dear child." She said, still holding out her arms. "Come to me."

The thought of your birth mother being here now... angered you. Why did she come back? After abandoning you all those years ago, she came back. Why would she come back if she didn't want you in the first place?

These thoughts attacked your brain endlessly, sparing no mercy. You ran your hands through your hair, gripping your head tight.

"No." You muttered, gripping handfuls of your hair.

"What was that?" She asked, still closing in towards you.

"I said no!" You shouted with rage and confidence, letting go of your hair.

Your brief outburst startled this being who claimed to be your mother. She stopped in her tracks, ceasing her advance towards you.

"Why not-" She questioned, but you cut her off immediately.

"How dare you." You approached her, pointing a threatening finger at her. "How dare you come back after abandoning me all those years ago. You do not know about the hell I've been through. Being abandoned by my mother, having to be taken in and cared for by a loving couple, only for them to die. Then, having to be taken into another family, only for them to almost die." You snapped.

An unfamiliar emotion formed within you, the corruption that was controlling you fading.

"Why are you here?" You asked, venom lacing your voice. "If you're here because you expect me to side with you and help destroy and take over, forget it."

"Oh, mija, you know me so well." Your mother cooed.

"Please, you're my mother." You joked monotonously as you rolled your eyes. "Get lost."

"Now, is that one way to talk to your own mother?" She said, waving her fingers in the slightest.

You noticed the slight gesture and stared at her hand questioningly. Your eyes then adverted to your mother's face, noticing the tiny smirk that painted her face. That's when a familiar excruciating pain entered your head.

Your eyes widened as you gripped your head, your fingers digging into your skull.

"'Forget it'? 'Get lost'?" She flew toward your pain-writhing body and watched in silence.

Incoherent sounds left your mouth as you cried in pain. But your sobs quieted down when you felt a pair of hands wrap around your body.

"My dear, it's a simple choice, really." Your mother told you in a comforting voice as she hugged you. "Either choose to follow in my footsteps and help reign the world with me... or face unbearable consequences."

You were quick to speak. "P-Please, make it sto-stop. I'll, I'll help you."

"Good choice, mi amor." And with another wave of her hand, the pain instantly disappeared.

Parting from your mother's embrace, you slowly recovered from the pain and looked at her with a small smile. But that smile turned into a smirk as you lifted your hand.

A column of earth rose from the ground underneath your mother, sending her up into the sky.

From the ground below, you heard a faint "Camilo!"

"Camilo?" You muttered, looking down. From down below, you saw Mirabel darting towards Camilo, who stood right below you.

Your eyes widened, and you panicked. "Mirabel, Camilo! What are you two doing here? Hurry and get somewhere safe!"