Dos Oruguitas

"Please..." Camilo begged. "Wake up..."

Within the blink of an eye, your eyes shot open, revealing a bright white glow. Your body ascended out of his grasp, emitting a faint glow.

Closing your eyes, your spear wound repaired itself, and your clothes changed colors. What was once a black dress turned into a white dress, representing restoration and life.

Levitating, you faced your mother, defending the Madrigals behind you. At that moment, a glow beamed from your body, enveloping the encanto in a miraculous light. Your distraught mother backed away, recalling the familiar light.

"No..." She muttered softly, staring in shock. "No! Not again!"

Placing her hands out in front of her, she tried to protect herself from the light, but it was no use. The light was powerful enough to crack away at her skin, sending flakes of her body flying.

The light then consumed your mother and the encanto, refining her to dust. Everything that was destroyed had been reconstructed. And it appeared as if nothing had ever happened to the village at all.

Descending to the ground, your feet met the terrain, and you turned around to face the Madrigals. With a quick glance, everything and everyone seemed to be okay. No one was missing, and no one was hurt, which made you exhale in relief. But you wanted to ask, just to make sure.

"Is everyone okay-" You said, but were cut off by someone pressing their lips onto yours.

Your eyes widened and you let out a muffled shriek, surprised by the sudden action. Heat flooded to your cheeks when you finally realized who it was that was kissing you.

Camilo held both of your tense shoulders as he continued to kiss you. Eventually, you melted into the kiss, returning it back. And you two shared a passionate kiss until Camilo pulled away.

"Don't you ever, I repeat, ever... do that again." He told you as he cried in relief. He tried to look at you with a stern look, but failed as more tears escaped.

You stared into his eyes, examining his red and puffy face. Placing each hand on his cheeks, you wiped away tears with your thumb.

"I won't." You told him. "I promise." Giving him a smile, you gently caressed his face with your thumbs.

Camilo returned the smile, and the stern look he had on his face had softened as he looked into your eyes.

He noticed they weren't the same as before. Before, your eyes were dull, colorless, dead. Now, they sparkled with life. They made the stars look like they weren't shining. Your eyes played a game, and they played so well, they even put diamonds to shame.

You gave Camilo one last hug, not wanting to let go. Feeling as his arms snaked around your body, you smiled at the comfort of being in his arms. You felt him breathe heavily and choke on his tears in the hug. So, you comfortingly rubbed his back, calming him down. Wishing you didn't have to let go, you eventually had to.

As he stepped to the side, you could see the Madrigal family. Some trembled in fear, while others were glad that you were okay and back to your normal self. But something was off.

As you mentally counted, you noted how there was only one person missing. Tía Julieta, Tío Agustín, Luisa, Isabela, and Mirabel were here. Tía Pepa, Tío Félix, Dolores, Camilo, and Antonio were also here.

So who was?-- Abuela.

Abuela was gone.

"Abuela? Where's Abuela?" You asked, looking around for her.

"Mamá?" Tía Pepa called, searching the area with you. "Where is she?"

"Mamá!" Tía Julieta yelled, frantically running about in search of her mother.