23 ; KIBA

Our break was over, the 2 weeks finished quickly. We released the whole album for stay to listen to and buy, and it got popular pretty quickly. We were happy as a group and then the season of promotions came and gone, and everyone reacted nicely to my hair even though it wasn't a big change. Eventually it was the busy month of September. 

Han's birthday fell on the 14th of the month - For his 20th birthday, I got him some plushies and a cute necklace that had SKZ carved into one side. He opened the presents on his birthday Vlive, and I watched it with Chan from the office.

Then Felix's was the next day, the 15th. For Felix's 20th birthday, I got him a shirt he had been wanting for a while and I made some of the food for his Vlive even though he had a pretty big cake to snack on.

Then on the 22nd, It was Seungmin's birthday.

I had planned a day for us after his Vlive. I was just waiting for him to finish up now and I could steal him and take him out. He eventually closed off his birthday Vlive and walked out the room. I smiled and stood up, grabbed his hand and happily led him out of the JYPE building.

We stood side by side in the elevator. He was in a grey sweater and black jeans, his black hair shaggy over his forehead. I was in a white dress shirt, the sleeves folded up, and some black pants and black combat boots. We weren't perfectly dressed but it wasn't the end of the world. 

"Where you taking me?" Seungmin asked as we reached the bottom floor.

"Somewhere." I said and I led him by his hand to my car which was parked out the front of the building since I decided to drive this morning. I opened the door for him before climbing in on the drivers side.

"You don't need the GPS?"

"No, I've been there a few times. An old friend runs the place." I replied and I started driving excited to show Seungmin a favourite place of mine.

"What old friend?" He asked suspiciously. 

"You'll see. It takes about 40 minutes to get there." I said and I gave full radio control over to the birthday boy.

The place was a dog shelter - no, unfortunately we weren't adopting any dogs because we weren't allowed. It also wasn't that type of shelter, not the ones where you walk past all the cages. It was a home type shelter where my old friend takes care of all the dogs in his own renovated shed in his back garden. 

I had brief memories of the place when I was 4, and before I left for Korea, I discovered letters from the man who runs it and he told me to come visit him. I did when I came back to Korea, and now the dogs shelter in his back garden has become one of my favourite places.

"We're here."

40 minutes seemed to past quickly thanks to Seungmin's cheeky nature and loud music choices. I looked at the big house which was surrounded by forest and fields. It was an traditional house and super expensive, the slanted roofs which flicked at the ends, the sliding doors, all of it. I smiled as I heard the barks of small puppies and larger dogs.

"Where have you brought me?" Seungmin mumbled, looking around with a frown.

"Come on." I smiled and got out my car first. Seungmin followed and walked around the car to grab hold of my hand, "You're going to love-"

"KIBA-AH!"

I looked at the old man coming out of his front door, his arms up in the arm begging me to come to him faster for a hug. I let go of Seungmin's hand and jogged up his front steps and hugged him as if he was my father. Hell, at least he liked me...

"Ya Kwang-su, I want you to meet Seungmin. He loves puppies." I said politely and Seungmin who was awkwardly standing on the stairs, bowed.  

"Ah, no need to bow son. Any friend of Kiba's is a friend of mine." Kwang-su announced and his smile was bright. I loved him like a father, and anytime he smiled, I did too. 

I grabbed Seungmin's hand again and followed Kwang-su through his house which was always neatly organised, and through to the back garden. The massive shed was closed but as soon as Kwang-su jungled the doorknob the barks were loud. 

"STAND BACK!"

I laughed and pulled Seungmin back. Suddenly, a rush of about 30 dogs of all sizes and breeds came running full speed out of the shed area. Seungmin was laughing loud as a lot of dogs rushed up to him and started jumping on him. He was trying to bend down and stroke all of them till he fell on his back and the dogs were licking his face. I went to help.

I eventually got him up and the dogs started to calm down a bit. We went into the shed where I had kindly asked Kwang-su to set up a blanket and some comfy customs to sit on. Seungmin sat down first, many puppies joining in and climbing on his lap. I went back inside and gathered some food for both of us, thanking Kwang-su.

I handed the bowl to Seungmin who held it high out of the way of the puppies. I chuckled.

"Cotton, out." I commanded, and the small Jack Russel walked out of the shed, I allowed the puppies to stay in because they were all mostly falling asleep already.

"Thank you for the food." Seungmin said, and we ate happily with puppies playing with each other.

"Puppies playing in front of a puppy." I mumbled, and Seungmin coughed and choked on his food. I laughed obviously.

"How does he run this place?" Seungmin asked as he finished chewing his food.

"He sells the puppies and stuff. It started with his own dog, Tofu, like 10 years ago. Now, he collects neglected puppies and builds their strength up before selling them to nice families." I said.

"Aw, that's cute. Do people buy a lot from here?" He asked.

I nodded, "Yeah, I think he's sold about 15 puppies and dogs in the last 2 months, but there's still so many because people come here with neglected puppies they see."

"Ah, so people know to come here if they find a neglected dog?"

"Yeah, he's like the local legend." I said with a chuckle.

"Kiba?" Seungmin asked and I looked at him.

The sun that was shining in through the open shed doors as I looked at Seungmin's face. He had an everglow surrounding him, and it was beautiful. He smiled down at some puppies running around, but when he turned to me, his smile was blinding, but I couldn't look away.

"Thank you for today, it's been really enjoyable."

"Oh.." I laughed, "It's not over yet baby."