27 ; KIBA

2021 was already a difficult and busy year for Stray Kids. Back door had been released and members were dying their hair for what we agreed to do.

And what we agreed to do was Kingdom: Legendary War. The survival show between 6 different KPOP groups. We were made aware that the 6 groups consisted of IKON, SF9, THE BOYZ, BTOB, ATEEZ and us, Stray Kids. 

Our first performance was a live one in front of all the groups, and it was happening tomorrow afternoon. I was super nervous - a part of me was excited to perform in front of other idols and show our creativity as a group, but knowing some amazing idols are also watching me including Bobby from IKON had my nerves all over the place.

I was also super excited to meet ATEEZ - I had checked out majority of the groups to see who they were and I knew most of the groups from their popular songs, but ATEEZ really stood out to me and I was excited to see them perform. I had also learnt that Changbin was friends with WooYoung.

Right now, we had been practising for a week straight for our first performance. It might only be 100seconds long but there was a lot we could do in that time. Our manager had been in and out of meetings for us and on phone calls all the time to sort out our performance with the Kingdom stage production ect, and Chan had been attending most of these meetings too.

Since the theme was one of our most popular songs, we choose MIROH. I felt a little awkward about it considering I wasn't in the group when they made MIROH but I was determined to leave a mark on this first performance. 

We had some difficulty as Chan was learning how to do a backflip and had landed on his head and shoulder twice, but he always got back up like the leader he was. I told him I could do a backflip, but he was determined on nailing it himself and I wouldn't take the spotlight from him. 

Back in England, since my parents are strict Koreans, they wanted me to have important and beneficial hobbies as well as balancing my studies. I decided to please them and take up Taekwondo at the age of 10 and managed to get a Black belt before I turned 16. I had roughly 4 lessons every week with a good instructor and as another hobby, I did some tumbling gymnastics. Although, I did like Taekwondo more and often neglected tumbling.

I still practise Taekwondo when I can, and it'll always be embedded into my head and sometimes flips come naturally to me but I can't do everything. I was just scared Chan would seriously hurt himself.

We also had many props like Knives and Changbin even had responsibility to a massive sparkler. We had also discussed outfits and such which is always exciting. 

Training right now and going over the last steps for tomorrow was already tiring me out but I know tomorrow when we perform - It'll turn out great and I'll somehow find all the energy in the world. I wanted to impress people.

"Okay, one last time, from the top, and I want to hear you singing!" Our chorographer shouted, and we got into position.

The thing about the last run through performance was that we had the director from the Kingdom studios with us to run through rough camera placements and movements as it was to be filmed in one take the whole way through. So, I focused on the performance for one last take.

I was working off my ass off. Dancing and singing like there was no tomorrow. I didn't have any particular important bits till the end, but I was centre of the dance for a good 5 seconds so everyone did have a least a few seconds in the centre. 

"AND CUT!" the director shouted out, and we stayed in position for a few seconds before dispersing and catching our breaths. We gathered around the director who didn't film it but just pretended to.

"So we have a final run through tomorrow before you perform for real but the only thing that I can help you with is when Kiba does the last move, just make sure you're a bit steadier when you finish the move." The director smiled, "And that's a perfect wrap."

We cheered tirelessly and went to get water and little fans to cool up. Tomorrow we will be in costume, and in the Kingdom space where we'll definitely feel more immersed. We also have to test the props before stage so I think we'll be allowed to do that too.

"Oh, I'm so nervous." Han said as he hugged my waist.

"Me too. IKON sunbaenim is there." I said, and Han chuckled.

"Yeah..."

"You can sleep in my bed tonight if you're nervous." I said with a smile and I felt him nod against my shoulder since he was shorter.

I know Seungmin would probably complain to me but since we're supposed to be secret and stuff, I think letting the others sleep in my bed would make us less suspicious and stuff. Seungmin would understand.