56 ; KIBA

Vault round 5, they decided to boost the height up to 2.20m. An extra 20cm can make the biggest difference so as soon as we went back to the tents, I started stretching properly. 

When I said I wasn't competitive, it was true, but I like to challenge myself personally. Especially when it comes to things that I didn't think I was good at but I'm surprisingly good at this sport. I was stretching behind Jongho hyung, so I wasn't in the way of anyone watching the other team. 

"Jongho hyung." I tried to get his attention and he turned to me quickly with a smile.

"It's weird being called hyung when I'm not at home." He chuckled and I smiled.

"Have you ever acted before Imitation?" I asked him and he shook his head no. I smiled and nodded.

"You're going to do great in the movie if that's what your worried about." He said, and I liked how he could read the situation, and I thanked him before I continued stretching while trying to watch the other team jump over 2.20m.

Only one member from THE-i-9 team had managed to jump over the 2.20m and I was starting to think it was near to impossible. Yet, it was possible, and I was determined to jump over it. I really wanted to prove something to myself - maybe it's time I stop putting myself down so much and start doing something I'm not used too to get out of my comfort zone.

The remaining people from Mayfly walked over together, myself included. I was focused now; I could feel the change in myself. Lee Know walked up first, and I clapped him on the back as he walked past me. He was at the starting position and put his fist up to let everyone know he was ready.

"Why you here?" Chan asked, and I think he was just surprised Lee Know hyung had made it this far.

"I don't know. Why am I here?" Lee Know asked and I laughed and crouched down as I laughed hard at my hyungs funny answer.

Lee Know almost made it, he clipped the corner at the last second and I let out all my frustration. I literally had to grip onto Wooyoung, and he held me as we were a little less motivated by Lee Know's close call.

Wooyoung was next so I let go of him and watched as he successfully made it over. I opened my arms, and he ran into them. I kissed his forehead because I was far too excited which made every ounce of ADHD in my body act up. He laughed and held my waist as we watched Channie hyung go up next. 

He ran slowly before building up power and jumping, and he made it over. I cheered with Wooyoung and our team was doing really well. Both Peniel and Yunho failed the jump, and it was my turn next. 

"Good luck." Wooyoung hyung said and I nodded before turning serious again and focusing. I really wanted to make this.

I took a deep breath and turned to Changbin hyung. 

"Changbin hyung, I'm going to make it over for you." I said, and that way, with even more pressure on my shoulder, I would just have to make it over.

"Okay, you have to make it over Kiba-ah." He said into the microphone, and I nodded before putting my hand up.

I took a deep breath and ran to the springboard with heavy but steady steps, and I bent my knees to jump and gain as much power as possible. I was high in the air, and it was like everything was quiet and in slow motion. As I jumped, I realised I still had loads of height above the vault box, so I used my arms to push me forward. My feet landed on the mat as time sped forward and I had made it.

"Wow, Kiba-ssi is showing off his unfound specialty in vault jumping." Changmin announced and Wooyoung was the first to reach me and hug me excitedly.

Lastly was Minhyuk hyung who was the vault box champion. It was no surprise when he ran and jumped, he still had tons of height as well and easily made it over. We cheered loudly for him as he landed with a breeze in his hair.

There was 4 of us left from Mayfly. Wooyoung, Myself, Chan and Minhyuk. Only Juyeon from THE BOYZ had managed to make it through to from the other team. The next height had gone up by 10cm, making the vault height 2.30m in total. I felt the nerves building up in my stomach.

The first person to step up to the challenge was Wooyoung-ssi. I nervously watched him, my fingernails finding a place between my lips so I could nervously chew at them. He ran super quick, and he jumped strongly but unfortunately, he just couldn't find the height, and he crashed into the top of the vault.

Next was Channie hyung, and I prayed that he would make it. He ran and I watched next to Wooyoung, how my hyung made it at his small height of like 5'7 was incredible and we ran over to him together. The third contestant was Minhyuk. It was obvious he was going to make it, and he did which was no surprise, but we celebrated loudly as a team.

It was my go next.

"Pray for me Hyungs." I said to the remaining 4 members, and they did. I got into position and stretched my arms and shoulders before I put my hand up and ran. Again, it was like everyone went silent while I was running, and I could feel the main character energy run up my spine as I jumped and made it over the vault.

I was happy I had made it like I wanted too, and now I had to focus on the next height.

"You get so much height you know?" Chan said to me as I looked at him, "You must have powerful legs."

"Well, my thighs are like one of my biggest body parts. I don't know why." I answered and he nodded.

"Good luck Hyung!" I shouted to Juyeon as he was the last person to try the jump for the other team. He turned and smiled at me.

I watched as his yellow shirt blew in the wind as he ran quickly to the springboard. It all ended pretty quickly however as he couldn't get the height and crashed into the vault box. It was all disappointing for the other team, but I ran over and hugged him as he did a good job for getting this far.

Now, I had to prepare for even higher height.