28 ; KIBA

Today was officially the start of the Kingdom: Legendary War TV Show. Before we got hair and makeup done, we were taken to an office room in the JYPE building to conduct a sort of informal interview thing to start off our introduction to Kingdom to perhaps people who don't know us yet.

After that, we were taken to our stylists. Our theme was black which was pretty common among SKZ, and I was dressed in a glittery black shirt which had laces on my chest and collar bones, and it was joined with black smart pants which weren't too tight, and of course, black combat boots. For makeup, my hair was left natural as it was almost a mullet now, and deep black. I had a mouth painted on my hand and two scratches on my neck, with dark eye makeup.

After our makeup and costume, we had one last run through with the director and perfected everything before we hopped into a small van and taken to the venue of Kingdom. Everyone was either super loud or super quiet, there was no in between. I felt a hand on my leg, and I looked at Changbin who was sitting next to me.

"You're okay." He whispered and I nodded. He must've realised I tend to shake my legs and fiddle with my fingers when I'm super nervous.

"Hyung, what if something goes wrong when we perform?" I whispered into his ear. He turned to me.

"Nothing's going to go wrong." He said, "You know...You're not what I thought you were."

"What do you mean?" I asked confused.

"I thought you were intimidating and mean at first, but you're actually the fake maknae and the funny thing is...you don't realise it." He replied with a smirk.

"I'm mature first of all, second of all, I'm only older than I.N by a month." I sassily replied back.

"You have so many habits that you're not aware of and they're so cute. Me and Chan were talking about you yesterday."

I rolled my eyes but leaned my head on his shoulder for the rest of the ride. Once we were there, we got out the van and the Kingdom studios were absolutely massive. We did covid procedures and thankfully all of us were fine and then we were taken to a backstage room with 2 couches and a few chairs, there was also a massive TV placed in one corner.

"Okay, so you guys are going to be presented 2nd so when it's your time, I'll come and get you." A lady said by the door and Chan nodded and thanked her before we were left waiting in this room.

"Channie hyung, isn't it true we were talking about Kiba the other day?" Changbin asked and I turned to looked at the leader.

"Yep." Chan nodded as he grabbed a bottle of water and drank from it.

"Ugh, I don't want to know." I shrugged and we waited some more before the Lady came back and told us to follow her.

Through the backstage corridors all 9 of us went, till eventually it got darker, and voices were heard in the distance. We were directed to walk down when the sound from the speaker rung out. I shook the nerves out and then we walked down the centre into the dark room. I could hear giggling from Han and a few other members.

"Woo! Stray Kids woo!" We hear and I looked at the noise, and a full group were already there. My eyes adjusted to the darkness of the room, and I think it was THE BOYZ who were the first group to be introduced. 

I looked around the massive studio room, and it was super quiet. Like no one was talking at all. I quickly decided to cut the tension and bow to the tall men who were watching us with smiles. I decided to stray from the SKZ group and walk over to the front row of THE BOYZ. The 3 in the front row, leaned towards me and I held their hands gently as I attempted conversation. 

I learned the 3's names. Kevin, Son Young Jay and Eric. I told them my name, and then I complimented them and bowed once more before returning to the rest of Stray Kids who were laughing at me silently. I sat at the top row by myself so I could overlook everyone. I know SKZ had worked with THE BOYZ before but I wasn't part of the group then so I thought I could at least introduce myself to some of them.

"All of our costumes are so dark." I heard, who I think, Sangyeon is, say.

I looked around and he was completely right. SKZ were in black and navy blue, and THE BOYZ were in leather black with silver accessories. I started wiping my hands and then cracking my fingers in nervousness. I felt a hand grab my own, and again, it was Changbin hyung as he was sat right in front of me.

"They all have drawings on themselves." Sunwoo said and he looked back at me, and I caught his eye. I smiled and bowed. It was weird because even though the groups debuted at the same time, I had only debuted like more than a year ago now. So technically, all these groups who were attending kingdom were my Sunbaenims. 

The sound reverberated through the room once more, and more golden light let us know that another group was coming in. The ATEEZ logo lit up and the room was full of cheers already, and then claps.

"Hello." A kind voice rung out throughout the room, and ATEEZ walked into the room led by HongJoong, the group's leader.

All of the members were bowing so I stood up and walked down to the floor and bowed to them. Since checking them out, I actually really liked ATEEZ and I was excited to get to know them. I made eye contact with San who had bright pink hair and we bowed politely to each other. I watched them as they stood in a straight line and introduced their group proudly.

"Hello, we are ATEEZ!" They said in a group, and everyone clapped for them, including myself.

ATEEZ were very nervous, but they sat beside us. I was still standing like an idiot, with my finger playing with my lip and I.N pulled me back a bit. I looked at Changbin hyung and he nodded with a smile. I nodded nervously, but I slowly made my way over to ATEEZ who were quietly talking among themselves.

"Hello." I was kind of awkwardly pulled into the conversation, and all their eyes were on me which made me nervous. God, social anxiety but wanting to know everyone was such a shit combo.

"Hello." I bowed politely and they did it back, "I just wanted to introduce myself."

"We know you!" WooYoung said with a smile, and I smiled back, "Mingi is a massive fan of you."

"Wow seriously?" I questioned and everyone nodded, "I didn't think you'd know because technically you guys are sunbaes to me."

"Wait actually?" San questioned and I nodded, "When did you debut?"

"Like a bit more than a year ago. So late 2019."  I replied with a smile, "I just want to say you guys are amazing."

"Ahh cute." WooYoung said, and I looked at the ground feeling my ears get hot at the sudden attention from the group, "Hyung, can we keep him?"

"I'm afraid not." HongJoong said with a chuckle. I bowed once more to them before leaving to join SKZ again.

"Omg, look who's being a social butterfly." Seungmin teased and I shrugged with a smile.

"Our babies growing up." Chan said dramatically.