Reunion

Sirius 's dog form was ragged to say the least. It's bones protruded and the coat was a shaggy mess. The last time she saw him he was nothing like this. Her heart ached —almost a real physical pain—at the sight but she pushed it out her mind .

He led her a little further before he switched back into his human form. Sirius looked a bit like a junkie in simple words. His skin was gaunt and pale, his cheeks sunken. His hair reached below his shoulder blades and was dirty and matted. His clothes were dirty rags.
When he smiled, it looked feral.

Harley ran into his arms. It didn't matter how his smile looked because if he was willing to offer it to her, he had forgiven her. The force of her action almost knocked him off his feet. She buried her head into him as he wrapped his arms about her.

He smelt terrible. But she didn't mind she was too happy to care about anything besides the fact that he's breathing . He's okay. He's here.

Sirius leaned his forehead against the top of her head. She felt his breath, it was as if he was...

"Are you seriously sniffing me? "
"No How are you doing ,Sirius ,No how did you escape, Sirius... Got your priorities huh? "

"That's not.. "
"Chill, I know. For the record yes, I did smell you. Nice shampoo by the way "
"It's lavender "

Sirius pulls back and examines her from head to toe.
"You look pale, now that I look close. And you have lost weight "
"Look who's talking "

"I've been in prison, love. And I've been best looking there. What of you?"
"Fair point "

"You do look beautiful, though. Much more than either of them. Perhaps looks are not genetic afterall"
"Thanks. " She laughed "Have you ate yet?"

"Not today, no. Wait you have brought anything? "

The way his eyes lit up at the question made her heart break. She should have thought of bringing something . How hungry must he be.. And she could tell that all the light hearted talk is just for her sake. So that she wouldn't be scared.

"No but I'll raid the kitchen and sent Edgar down with some every night "
"Atta girl! I knew all that effort raising you would pay back "

"Of course I will . Is there anything else you'd want? "
"Nothing much. Unless you could get me inside the Griffindor tower? "

"I'm not Griffindor -"
"I know that you're slytherin "

"You don't mind? "
"It doesn't matter "

"Well as for your request, I'll try. You need to use the password ,it's not very polite to do what you did. "
"Well I did try being polite but" He shrugs

"I think I can get the password if I get a little time. Are you going to tell me why you want in though? "
His smile disappeared at that.

"You remember Pettigrew? Well that bastard is here"
"But how.. "

As an answer he took a paper cutting out of his pocket. It showed the Weasley family at a vacation.
"What does this have to do with anything? "
"Look close, Harley. What do you see?"

He tapped on the picture, at Ron. Harley looked again. On Ron's shoulder was his rat. A rat.. Pettigrew's animagus. It all clicked in.

"How did you recognize.. I had seen many times but... "
"I have seen him change multiple times. You haven't. It's like the way you can recognise me, even if I'm in my animagus form. You can find me among a pack of black dogs, can't you? "

"Yes.. On that note maybe I can kill him myself ? "
"No. You should never. I'm already branded a murderer, it doesn't matter if I actually do it. You on the other hand.. You have your whole future Harley. You are too young to bear the weight of a life on your hands"