Chapter 18

Narrator:

Everyone craved his company but he? He wanted to be on his own. He wanted to be alone with his demons and stay away from everyone who still did talks about angels and fairytales. He has seen life; probably worse than others and so, he built himself tougher than others.

"My schedule?" Manik walked down the stairs taking sips from his regular mixed fruit juice while Abhimanyu followed him like an obedient child.

"Sir, your early morning workout session couldn't happen and I've fixed the same schedule with your instructor on tomorrow." Abhimanyu informed while Manik nodded.

"Good." That's all he said apart from sipping.

"Sir, next you've today are interview with Channel T-Star, then an inauguration of this new five star hotel, script reading with Director Rushay, dates fixation with your choreographer, shoot at Bandra and then a date with Kiara." Abhimanyu finally breathed and Manik sat on his couch in the living room.

"Kiara?" He couldn't remember.

"Sir, Mr. Saxena's daughter?" Manik sighed closing his eyes.

He gaped at his wristwatch "Cancel this script reading thing today and... from somewhere buy some expensive crap for this girl tonight." Abhimanyu nodded.

"And yeah, some condoms too." He directed pressing his temples.

"Um...sir?"

"What?" He asked gently.

"Cabir sir is on call." Abhimanyu informed.

"Oh damn..." Hitting the couch's edge slightly, he took the call in defeat.

"Good morning, the star of my eyes." Manik quipped.

"How sweet! Now listen to me very carefully. Do not mess up tonight's date with Kiara, all right? This girl is very important and we cannot offend her specifically at this crucial point." Cabir alerted.

Manik rolled his eyes "Manik Malhotra doesn't need to satisfy anyone to keep the wheels of his career running."

"Manik, we aren't arguing over this." Cabir proclaimed "You've to treat her the best and don't you dare ruin it and don't worry about the gift, I'll be keeping it ready."

"Okay, mommy." Nodding artificially, he disconnected the call while Cabir kept huffing hearing the line dead.

"This man!" Cabir worried.

N A N D I N I

6:30 pm:

I turned off the tap showering warm water. Hot showers help when thoughts are deep.

I weirdly kept staring at the bowl of granolas staying lost somewhere after watching the numerous news channels flashing the murder record of the last night, since morning.

This is about people and so called society, when that single person was dying last night, nobody could come to his rescue and now he's the news, ironically speaking.

Whirling the spoon in the bowl unmindfully, suddenly I came to the realisation that electricity went on a holiday. This was happening for the third time in a row in that week. Some Mrs. Chopra residing on the sixth floor directed the guard to turn his meter off whenever she went out and that stupid guard mistakenly turned my meter off. Morons.