Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Ty's POV
October 8, 2019
Mykonos, Greece
Three months later (Present Day)

    It's crazy how much your life can change in three months. You can go from being the happiest person in the world, to being reduced to a shadow of that person. I wonder if he still loves me. I wonder if he's out there looking for me. I glance down at my wedding ring. I want to believe that my dragon is still burning a flame for me, but I couldn't be sure. I curl up in the fetal position. My throat begina to burn as my eyes become watery.

  A knock on my door interrupts the pity party I was about to throw for myself, yet again. "Come in." I say gruffly. Niko opens up the door and peeks his head inside. He is careful to not come inside of my room. "Boss wants you to eat dinner with him. He seems to be in a bad mood, so please be good and put on one of those dresses he likes." I nod. "Thanks." Niko shoots me a genuine smile that melts away all his coldness. If it wasn't for being kidnapped by Niko and my intentional disinterest in white men, he would be attractive. Niko is six feet tall, muscular built, dark brown wavy hair with hazel eyes like mine...oh, and I can't forget his mile long eyelashes. I sigh. He closes my bedroom door and I hear a click. That noise brings me back to reality and reminds me where I am and the fact that Niko is my personal guard here. I climb off my bed and walk over to the open window. Crystal blue waters and traditional white painted Grecian houses greet my eyes. As I inhale the smell of seawater, my body relaxes itself. I look down to the busy street below my window. I see an old man selling olives and salted fish from a small stand. A few minutes later, he packs up his stuff and walks away. I watch his retreating figure walk up the street until it disappears from my sight. I wish that I could just walk away from this BULLSHIT. I hold back a sob.

  Twenty minutes later, I'm standing by my bedroom door waiting for Niko to escort me to the dining room. The door clicks and swings open. Niko stares hard at me before shooting me an appreciative look. "The boss is going to be in a good mood after seeing you. Turn around." He places a blindfold over my eyes before grabbing my hand and guiding me down the stairs. A few moments later, I'm sitting in a chair at the dining room table. "Beautiful." a husky, heavily accented voice whispers in my ear. The Boss. Over the past few months I've became familiar with the sound of his voice. I stiffen up when I feel his fingertips touch my lips. Breathe, Ty. Breathe. I reason with myself. The WEST BALTIMORE TY would've fucked "The Boss" up for touching her, but I'm halfway across the world, in a different country under the watchful eye of a mafia boss. "Agape mou. You are so beautiful." Then, his hands grazes my thigh. Agape mou? Why does that sound familiar? His hands travel farther up my thigh, closer to my apex. He begins to speak Greek to me. From his heavy breathing and touchy hands, I can see that my choice of dress was approved. I chose to wear a royal blue maxi dress with a thigh high slit. I feel disgusted dressing up for my kidnapper, but I need to keep him in a good mood or else he could take his anger out on me. Plus, he has yet to "take advantage" of me since I've been here. I guess I should be thankful for that.

  I feel something soft prod my lips. I take a deep breath and inhale spices. Finally, FOOD. I slowly chew my food, savoring the tender grape leaves and spicy ground lamb mixture. Oh, the chef prepared my favorite, dolmadakia. It's a traditional Greek dish of meat stuffed with grape leaves. I continue to eat for another few minutes. I wash down my meal with a cup of wine. "So, agape mou, I am willing to not harm you or your family if you help me bring Lei down." the voice speaks. Save my family and myself, or betray Lei? Save my family and myself, or betray Lei? I go back and forth with the question and weigh out the pros and cons of each. No matter how much I want to protect my family, I couldn't betray my husband. Although this situation is fucked up, Lei is a good guy that treats me like a queen. I love him and it's hard to come across true love. I shake my head. "Ahhhh, I thought you would say that. How could you remain loyal to someone that is not loyal to you?" he leans in and now I can feel his lips brushing against me. How dare he claim Lei isn't loyal to me? His remark sets me over the edge. "FUCK YOU! You think you're a man by holding me captive here?! You're not! You have to blindfold me and tie me up, just to get what you want! At home, we call people like you a BITCH!" I say venomously. He laughs then places something in my hand. I hear his footsteps fade away. I feel a hand grab my upper arm and guide me out the dining room, then up the stairs. Niko. As I walk into the room, Niko removes my blindfolds before leaving. I look down at the photo in my hand and feel my heart drop into my stomach.