f o u r .

Jisung smiled and then the three walked away leaving him in front of the door to detention.

He stood there for a few seconds before letting out a huge sigh and continuing into the room.

Jisung first noticed the gang member sitting at the back of the room on his phone with his feet on the desk. He was leaning back in his chair.

Jisung was surprised that Minho actually showed up to detention. Minho's gotten many detentions in his middle school and high school life. Out of those hundreds of detentions, he might've showed up to maybe fifteen of them. So why did he decide to show up to this one. Especially with the dude who got him into detention.

Minho looked up from his phone and saw Jisung standing at the door, he looked at Jisung for a good three seconds before he went back to scrolling through his phone. The short stare gave Jisung a weird feeling, which he didn't like.

Jisung quickly took a seat at the front of the classroom as far away from Minho as he could. He opened his backpack and took out his homework and started working on it, waiting for the teacher to enter the classroom. As if on cue the teacher came in and stood at the front of the classroom.

"Welcome to detention kids. Take out your homework and work on it or you can read or study for the next hour if you'd like." The teacher said as he sat at his desk. Right when the teacher sat down he got a call. The latter reached for the telephone and held it up to his ear. "Ok" was all he said before he hung up.

"Okay kids, something came up and I have to leave but that doesn't mean you're off the hook. You two have to wash and clean the desks. Make sure you get all the gum from the under the desk too. I want to see this classroom spotless when I come in on Monday morning. You can leave once you are done. Jisung I'm pretty sure you know where the buckets and wash cloths are so yeah, have fun." He said before he left the room.

'Have fun my ass.' Jisung thought to himself. He got up from his desk and walked out of the room. Jisung continued to walk towards the janitor's closet which was two doors down the left. He opened the door and quickly grabbed rags, a bucket, scraper things, and a mop. He dragged them back into the room. Minho had not moved since Jisung left the room.

'I have to clean the desks with a gang member. Just the two of us in this room. Jesus Christ why me? Why him? He scares the living shit out of me. He's probably not even gonna clean up and I'm gonna be left to do it all on my own.' Jisung rolled his eyes as he set the equipment down on the floor.

"Why are you rolling eyes?" Minho snapped coldly as he went up to the front to grab a rag.

Jisung opened his eyes wide 'Shit shit shit. How'd he see that?', "Uh, um no reason.." Jisung could feel his cheeks get red from the embarrassment so he quickly grabbed a rag, dumping it in the soapy water from the bucket and turned around to clean one of the desks to hide his face from Minho.

Minho scoffed and walked over to bucket with soapy water. Jisung was surprised at the fact that Minho was actually going to clean the desks. The guy who is probably one of the reasons why there's gum under the desks. The guy who probably has never even touched a cleaning supply in his life let alone has ever cleaned anything except for blood, is actually going to clean the desks.

Jisung slowly watched Minho as he rolled up his sleeves so it wouldn't get wet while he dunked the rag in the bucket. The older pulled the rag out of the water and slowly wrung out the access water from the rag, watching as the water drips back into the soapy water filled bucket.

Minho's wrists caught Jisung's eye. The latter noticed something around his wrists. Jisung didn't really know what he was looking at and before he could get a better look, Minho turned around.

Jisung quickly averted his eyes back to his desk and continued to clean, hoping that Minho didn't catch him staring. The gang member started walking towards the desks and stopped at the one right next to the desk Jisung was cleaning.

'There are 30 desks in this room and he had to pick the one next to the one I'm cleaning.' Jisung thought as his heartbeat started to quicken from his nerves.

No one said anything the whole time. They cleaned the desks in silent. Jisung tried to glance a few times at Minho to get a glimpse of his wrists, but Minho's sleeves had fallen back down covering it.

An hour later, Minho was cleaning the last desk which was located at the front of the room and Jisung decided to mop the floor.

"Why'd you do it?" Minho asked out of nowhere, not taking his eyes off the desk he was cleaning.

The sudden question caught Jisung off guard. 'He isn't talking to me right?' "Do what?" He asked genuinely confused. Jisung started to mop the floor at a slower pace, nervous of the older boys next response.

"Try to get me out of detention. I mean obviously you knew you were going to get a detention so why would you even care?" Minho asked coldly while he leaned on the desk, watching Jisung drag the mop across the floor. He sounded almost mad at Jisung for doing it.

Jisung had stopped mopping and stood still as he thought about his answer carefully, not wanting to say the wrong thing. "It was just the reasonable thing to do since I'm the reason that you got a detention in the first place and it didn't seem fair. It was my fault and not yours. Sorry by the way, for getting you stuck here." Jisung said the last part quietly.

Minho stayed silent. Jisung walked up to the front of the room and set the mop in the cart. As Jisung was turning around, his shoe slipped on the wet floor and he started falling. Everything seemed to be in slow motion. Jisung quickly closed his eyes shut, preparing himself for the impact of his back against the floor.

But he never felt the impact he was preparing for.

Instead he felt an arm wrap around his waist firmly, pulling him in the opposite direction of where the floor was. Feeling this sudden change of direction and the new pressure around his waist, Jisung opened his eyes and was met by Minho's eyes.

Minho pulled Jisung close to him. Jisung gasped, he couldn't look away from Minho's eyes. They looked at each other for what seemed like forever but could easily have been just five seconds. Finally snapping back into reality, Jisung realized how close his face was to Minho's, and his eyes went wide. The latter could feel his face and ears burning up as he broke the eye contact. He was about to push Minho away from him but before he could do that, Minho spoke up and asked,

"Why are your ears so red?"

»»————- 🍯 ————-««

in the next chapter:
- he's pushing the limits
- jisung thought he was home alone