-23-

Felicity

As usual, we were heading to a meeting. A lunch meeting with the owners of the restaurant: Le Lien.
It is one of the top french restaurant in the city, highly famous for its food and hospitality. So I could totally understand if Asher wants to crack a partnership with it. With good deals, comes good fame.

Le Lien was ran by the Gage family. Currently, Adele Gage was running the restuarant by herself. She was their one and only child.

Last month was not so good for them as Miss Gage, Adele, was found in a fight with a celebrity model who was dating her ex-boyfriend. The pictures of a red angry faced Adele, roughly tugging a blonde's hair went viral in no time.

Internet was buzzing with the news of a spoilt princess getting into a fight with a celebrity figure. The news affected the restuarant too, which is also another reason why Gage family wants a partnership with Asher Knight.

A breeze of fresh air hit me, slightly tangling my hair, as I stepped out of the car. I eyed the big fancy building in front of me. Asher soon came to my side and we both made our way inside.

When we entered the building, I saw a skinny tall old man standing in front of the receptionist table.
No doubt it was Brice Gage, Adele's father, real owner of Le Lien. As soon as he saw us, he brightly smiled and walked towards us.

"Asher. It's so good to see you. How are you, my son?" He asked in thick french accent with enthusiasm while shaking Asher's hand.

"I'm doing good Brice" Asher replied. I was surprised when they called each other by their names.

'Maybe they know each other?'

As they continued exchanging greetings and talking, I became certain that they knew each other.
Mr Gage turned towards me and smiled.

"What's your name lovely lady?"

"I'm Felicity Miller, Mr Knight's assistant. Nice to meet you"

"Nice to meet you too. Now let's go before our lunch turns cold"

'Yes please'

When we reached our table, Asher straight went to the point. All papers were signed and filed up before we started our lunch. After finalizing and signing the clause, both the party sealed the deal.

Lunch was brought shortly after. I served myself a plate with generous amount of food, without thinking what will they think.
As I picked my fork up, I noticed someone looking at me intensely. I look up and saw Mr Gage looking at my plate with pure shock.

"Any problem Mr Gage?" Asher asked casually.

"Oh it's nothing" with a nervous laugh, he replied, "I just thought she'd only take the salads and plains. Guess I was wrong"

My face burned in embarrassment while I look down at my plate. I eyed the plate and frowned at the quantities. It was not much. His plate itself was overflowing, where as mine contained normal amount.

'If I like to eat like a normal human, it doesn't make me a fucking pig'

"What or how much she eats is none of your business, Brice. If you'll stop staring at my assistant, we can begin our lunch" my boss's stern voice made the French man visibly uncomfortable and he let out a nervous laugh again.

Suddenly I lose my appetite and rolled my eyes in frustration as Mr Gage continued to talk. I played with the side salad on my plate, completely zoning out of their conversation; mostly because they were occassionally talking in French.