-30-

Felicity

Should I ask him? Should I demand answer from him? Or should I act oblivious?

You might be thinking what has gotten into my head. But this all started after meeting my beloved sister last Saturday night.

•••

*Saturday night

Something happened.

I know. I can feel it.

The way Lucy was denying to meet my eyes during the whole dinner ensured me that it had to do something with my injury which she caused. The second our eyes meet I can see the fear and annoyance. Annoyance can be understandable but fear?

I took a sip from my wine glass and rolled my eyes as father continued to talk about Nathan. Luckily he was not present for the family dinner but damn, people were not shutting their mouth while talking about him.

"I didn't ask where did he go. Neither I want to know" I said, cutting off Rachel's sentence, who was telling me about his foreign trips.

She looked startled due to my sudden interruption but soon a smirk came on her face.
"Why Felicity. Are you jealous of my daughter's relationship with your best friend?"

'Huh. Best friend. Oh please'

"I want to make it clear that he's not my best friend. And to answer your question, do I look like I'm jealous? You should check your eyes, Rachel. Ageing is not suiting you" I stuffed a piece of chicken in my mouth.

"Felicity" my father warned me through gritted teeth. I just shot him a glance before returning my eyes to fuming Rachel in front of me.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. I know truth can hurt sometime" I placed my hand over my chest and batted my eyelashes innocently.

"Enough" Rachel literally screamed, making me want to cover my ears.

"Yes you are right. I had enough dinner. I think I should leave now" I wiped my mouth with my table napkin before getting up. "Good night people".

After shooting my fake smile, I took my leave. I exhaled in relief while walking out of the hellhole and called an uber. I was about to get out of the house when I heard Lucy's voice calling me. I released another dramatic sigh while rolling my eyes before turning around to face her.

"Why, hello dear sister" my lips stretched out to give a sarcastic look.

"How's your ankle?" She raised her eyebrow.

"Not gonna lie but it still hurts a little. But, all thanks to you of course, I received 2 days leave from my work because of my sprained ankle. I needed it so much" I smiled.

Her face harden due to anger and she clenched her fist. "I didn't knew you needed bodyguards. If you can't fight me on your own, then don't send people to threaten me"

"Threaten you?" I asked, totally confused.

"Don't act so innocent Felicity. I know you told your dear boss that I paid you a visit that day" she folded her arms across chest and scoffed, "I never thought you'd be a crybaby. But guess I was wrong. You cried and bitched about me to your boss" her anger was increasing second by second.

I opened my mouth but closed it again, unable to think what to say. I scrunch my nose in uncertainty.
Finally taking a deep breath, I stated, "First of all, I never cried and complained about you to anyone, let alone my boss. Secondly, you're saying that I'm bitching about you? Lucy, you are already a bitch"