-38-

Felicity

He's here.
He came.

Just when the man raised his hand again, he was yanked back by someone and instantly a hard punch met his face. I think I even heard a cracking sound.

It was Asher. Truly my Knight in shining armour. He showed up. Involuntarily, I heaved a sigh just by looking at his figure.
But oh the anger on his face. I completely froze when his angry eyes fell on my body. The anger. The rage. His hair was totally messed up, his shirt was all wrinkled and the jacket  was just there hanging for the show.

He was looking far from the calm and composed Asher I used to know.

His gaze didn't remained on me for more than a minute though. Maybe he was just checking for any injury. He quickly turned towards the man and punched him again.

'Oh god' I winced mentally as I tried get up. 

But all my thoughts and pain vanished when I saw Asher pulling out his gun from his back. By this time, he was literally strangling the man against a tree with one hand while pointing the gun at his forehead with the other.

I could see he was saying something but due to my distance from them, I wasn't able to hear anything.

My hands took the support of the tree as I slowly tried to stand up. I don't want anyone dying now. I know the man was pure evil but I surely don't want my boss to kill him in someone's birthday party.

"No" I said but my voice was barely a whisper. I cleared my throat and tried to say it out louder but they didn't showed any signs of hearing my plea. Maybe my voice was too low or maybe they just blocked me out.

I took slow steps towards them and this time I heard Asher's angry voice.

"...tell me a damn reason why I shouldn't pull the trigger this instead. You fucking dared to cross my path again and thought I'll let you go this time?!..."

My focus from him was cut off when I heard multiple footsteps coming to our way. When I turned around to look I saw four to five men, with guns in their hands, coming our way.

I gasped and instantly became hyperactive. I ran near to Asher and again tried to stop him.

"Please stop" my voice trembled in fear. I was so nervous that my hands were shaking too.

I was traumatized by the man's assault. I feared the men standing behind us, holding weapons in their hands. I was scared of Asher's rage. I can say, I was totally shaken up.

I raised my hand thinking to hold back his arm but my hand didn't even dared to touch his shoulder. While I know Asher wouldn't hurt me, I also know he's angry with me too.
So taking a deep breath, I grabbed a small portion of his jacket and pull it gently to gain his attention.

"Asher" I softly called him by his name for the first time, "Stop, please"

'I don't want you to kill anyone because of me' I wanted to say.

I tugged on his jacket again and fortunately this time, he backed away few steps. I inhaled in relief and mentally thanked God. But the moment of silence was again interrupted when the man let out a dark laugh.

"Already on your knees for your woman, Knight? Ah, the pleasure I'm going to gain breaking you" then his eyes met mine.

All the memories came crashing in as a shudder of disgust ran down my spine and on reflex, I hide myself behind Asher's back. I dug my nails into my palms hard enough to cause bleeding, as I felt the panic attack rising.