-29-

Felicity

He was acting cold. So cold than usual.

It's not like Asher is a happy go lucky guy but ever since Nathan came into the picture, he's acting weirdly rude.

I wanted to clarify that Nathan was no one to me. That I didn't called him to meet me in the office. But Asher's ignorant attitude made me stop. If he can give cold shoulders then I can too.

After the morning meeting, he asked me to redo the whole file. I tried to reason him that the file has no flaws but he only gave me the coldest glare, which made me shut my mouth immediately. I returned to my office and resumed working as he and Christian went to his.

After few minutes, I noticed it was lunch time and keeping my hunger in mind, I got up. I was making my way to the elevator when I noticed a man holding a bunch of roses. Beside him, my boss was also standing but looking at his clenched fist and tense shoulders, I could tell he was angry. Angry as hell about something.

"Sir?" I called. As soon as I opened my mouth, the delivery boy looked me in relief.

"Ma'am? Are you Ms Miller?" He asked.

"Yes" involuntarily, I looked at Asher in confusion.

"This is for you ma'am" he said handing me the bouquet.

The bouquet was beautiful. The roses were fresh and full of fragrance. As I have a soft spot for flowers, my mood brighten up automatically.

"Who is it from?" I checked for any cards or note.

"Nathan" Mr Knight said with a tone full of hatred. "Leave" he glared at the delivery boy, making him ran out of there.

The little smile on my face was wiped away as soon as I heard him. I moved my nervous glance towards him and blinked few times.

"I.. I wi-" his deadly glare stopped me from finishing my sentence.

"Tell your lover boy that these things are not allowed in my office. Next time I notice this, I'll make sure you will regret it Miller. Don't test it" he hissed bitterly.

'Lover boy? Nathan? As my boyfriend?'

I wanted to clarify his misunderstanding but by the time I took the note from his hand and open my mouth for justification, he was already out of the sight.

A cloud of disappointed came over my mood and the hunger was long forgotten. Again the annoying feeling returned and I again felt like a hopeless teenager going through relationship crisis. Funny point, he and I don't even have a fucking relationship.

'Ugh. The things you do to my heart and mind, Mr Knight'

I scowled at his annoying behaviour and mentally cursed Nathan too. I went back to my cabin and still with that deep furrow on my forehead, I resumed my paper work.

Time to time I kept glancing at the bunch of roses placed on the corner of the table. I didn't threw it because I can't waste such a beautiful bouquet. I sighed when I heard a knock from the other side of the door.

"Come in" I politely said.

When I saw who entered my cabin, I was totally speechless.

"Lucy?" I was completely astonished. She never visits work places. Reason? I don't know but I know she hated to visit father's office. So seeing her here do shock me.

"Hiya" she sat on the visitor's chair in front of me. "How are you?" She smiled, making me frown. Her overly sweet smile makes me sick.

"Come straight to the point. Why are you here?" I was in no mood of her bullshit.