-25-

Felicity

'I hate Saturday'

I thought as I roughly brushed my hairs. Everything happening today was annoying me. After yesterday's realisation about my feelings towards my boss, nothing felt the same. I wasn't able to look at him in the eyes properly. I was stuttering after every sentence. Hell, I was not even able to stand beside him properly.

'Damn you Theresa'

I was planning to skip tonight's dinner but one message from my father, I knew I had to attend this bloody dinner. Henry, his driver, was already waiting outside. And here I was trying the fifth hairstyle for the night.

Nothing was going well. I was clearly having a bad hair day. My hair iron broke so no chance of straightening it. All my good dresses were in the laundry basket, except the slightly wrinkled dress I was wearing. I was not even close to the mood of applying makeup so I skipped that part too.

'ugh'

Frustrated, I braided my hair as it was the only option remaining. I fixed the loose ends of the braid with numerous Bobby pins. And without any second glance, I exited my apartment. Once near him, I greeted Henry and got inside the car. The soft music playing on the radio slightly managed to ease me.

Soon we entered Miller's campus. As I got out, I noticed few expensive cars parked outside. I frowned thinking who was going to join us for dinner. 

Suddenly I felt an itching sensation on my neck and I ran my hand over the area to ease it. As I was about to take a step forward, another black sleek car entered the campus and stopped right in front of me. This time, I knew who was it.

Asher Knight stepped out of the car and straighten his suit jacket. He said something to his driver after which the car drove off. He looked around him for a second before landing his eyes on me.

Surely enough, I knew I was looking like a stupid. Standing in the middle of the stairs with a hand on my itching neck, mouth slightly open in shock, hairs sticking out, wrinkled dress. Oh, I was looking stupid.

He ran his eyes all over me from my head to toe before meeting my gaze once again. The infamous smirk came to his face as he made his way towards me.

"No greetings, Miller?" He raised his eyebrow.

"Uh... Good Evening, sir" I stuttered a bit, retreating my hand from my neck. I wanted to question him what was he doing here but not having enough courage, I quickly add, "Shall we go inside?"

He said nothing but nodded. I walked first and he followed. Again the itching returned and I groaned lightly while rubbing my thumb over the area.

Suddenly a hand grabbed my elbow, stopping me on my track. I turned to see Asher narrowing his eyes on my side braid. He raised his hand and touched the hair below my ear, shocking me to the core.

"W-what ar-"

"Shh" he shushed me. I froze on my place as my heartbeat accelerated to the level I never knew existed. I tried to stay calm as his fingers softly touched my hair but God, it was hard.

Few seconds later, he draw back his hand and I noticed he was holding a Bobby pin. Then I realised it was the pin disturbing me from the beginning. My face burned as I took the pin from his hand while muttering a soft 'Thank You'.

As I bowed my head a little, the loose end of my hair fall out slightly covering my left side.
I tried to secure the bangs with the Bobby pin but stopped when I heard him speaking.

"Don't. Let it be" he said without any emotion. "You will put it on wrong again, causing discomfort for the whole night"

I was surprised but nonetheless, nodded as he was right.