-27-

Felicity

Ignoring Nathan was becoming harder day by day. After my encounter with him at Nora's, he got my number from I don't know where.

When he first text me four days ago, I replied without knowing it was him. And I still regret texting him that day.

From that day onwards, he kept sending me messages with greetings, compliments, wishes, asking about my day, more compliments.

'Ugh! He's engaged, is he not? Why isn't he busy elsewhere?'

My phone beeped again, indicating another message. I sighed for the umpteenth time. First Asher, now him. Both men are getting on my nerves.

I was rearranging some files when I heard a knock on my cabin door. I frowned thinking who it might be because Asher was not here and there were no meetings until next three hours.

"Come in" I tiredly said.

The door was opened by the man whom I was successfully ignoring for three days. Nathan Martin was standing with a paper bag on his hand and a charming smile on his face.

"Nathan?" I got up from my seat, totally confused by his visit.

"Hey" he smiled.

"I'm sorry but Mr Knight is not present here at the moment. But please follow me, you can wai-"

"I'm not here to meet Asher, City. I'm here to meet you"

"Oh" was the only thing I said. I gulped in nervousness. "You would've told me, I would have come"

"How am I suppose to ask you to meet me when you keep ignoring my messages?" He said somewhat harshly.

I blinked few times and looked down suddenly feeling intimidated by the man whom I once considered my bestfriend.

"Anyways, this are for you" he handed me the bag. "You're still as messy as before" a light chuckle left his mouth.

I looked around my cabin and yes, it was still messy with all papers and files.

"Maybe we should go outside and talk" I suggested, feeling insecure about my messed up cabin.

"As you wish" he smirked and walked out of the door.

We went towards the visitor's sitting area. He sat down on the sofa and I returned with two cups of coffee.

"So what did you wanted to talk about?" I straight went to the point.

"I just wanted to know how my best friend's life is going on" he said smoothly.

'Best friend?'

I narrowed my eyes in confusion first but then raised my eyebrow.
"Bestfriend? I don't think we're in that page now Nathan", I said with a soft but a sarcastic smile.

He looked hurt for a second but covered it with a smile.
"I think you're right. But we can at least be friends, right?"

I took a deep breath and sipped on my coffee to calm my nerves. I wanted to scream at him, I wanted to slap him, hit him but I only gave him a soft fake smile.

"How's everything going? How's your father?", I asked remembering Mr Martin. According to me, he was the best father anyone could have. Fun to be around, adventurous, kind, generous. He was just like the human version of santa claus.

'I still wonder how he and my father were best friends'

A dark look came upon Nathan's face as soon as I mentioned his father. He looked down at his hands and remained quiet for a moment.