-36-

Felicity

"Care to have a dance, Miller?"

And my mind went completely blank.

Like a movie scene, slowly, I turned back to confirm if I was right about the voice I heard. And yes, indeed it was my shining Knight in black suit.

He was still holding his flute on his hand, while the other one was tucked inside his trouser pocket. His face was, as always, calm but his lips were turned upward in the name of a smirk.

'Did I heard him right?'

I continued to stare at him like a fool while he walked our way. From my peripheral view, I saw Gwen's mouth shot open. She was shocked. Girl, I was too.

"Huh?" My dumb brain decided to spill something. I blinked multiple times to make sure I wasn't hallucinating or something.

"Let's dance" he, ever so lightly, took my hand by his, guiding us to the dance floor.

I turned to look at Gwen with a anxious face but she only grinned and waved at me. I returned my wide eyes to Asher's back, thinking about ways to decline his offer politely.

The thing is, he never waited for my answer. Before I could say anything, I found ourselves standing face-to-face in the middle of the dance floor.

Do you ever get in a situation where at first you are like dying to try something. But when it actually happens, you just freak out and pray for the universe to reverse the time?

I'm currently in that situation. Damn it!

My cheeks flamed red as I looked around us and saw beautiful couples from whom I was being jealous few minutes ago. Anxiety rise up in my chest when I saw other people watching us; judging us.

"M-Mr Knig..." He gently took my palm on his and placed the other hand on my side.

"Shh. You think too much" his voice gentle and calm, not affected by the attention we were receiving.

We casually started matching the beats of the music playing in the background.

"But it's not right" I timidly said, looking down in attempt to hide my face.

"Why?" A smirk on his face and amusement on his voice confirmed that he wasn't feeling like a uncomfortable bunny like me. He was not thinking about the others at all.

"People are watching"

"Let them. Your mere look can make them turn their head twice" he nonchalantly stated.

'D-Did he just-... Was it a compliment?!'

My heart skipped a beat and face went beet red, if that was even possible. I bite my lips to stop myself from saying something stupid; for instance, calling him beautiful in return.
Oh that would be awkward.

"But isn't it weird for a multi billionaire boss to dance with his assistant?" I managed to speak up.

"What's weird about that?" A furrow appeared on his forehead.

I shrugged lightly, not knowing how to answer that. There were so many things weird about it. Damn, his reputation can go down. Media have the power of bringing hell to anyone's life.

I don't want to see a news headline tomorrow saying: 'The Knight clan's Heir was found being cozy with his assistant at yesterday's party. Is there a chemistry going on between them?'

Like hell there'll ever be any chemistry.

I jolted up from my thoughts when he sighed and rolled his eyes, saying, "There's nothing wrong. Two humans, dancing together. Nothing weird. Stop overthinking"